Ch. 49 - King of Rogues

Roselyn

"Brazil get the men back on patrol. I want triple warriors at every post. Magnus check on the women and children, burn the ceremony ruins don't bother cleaning." Logan ordered his leaders outside the door.

I could hear James's voice. "Iris hasn't woken up yet."

"Stay with her until she does." Logan opened his office door and closed it behind him.

King Charles decided it was best we talk somewhere private, he told the royal guards to stand down and guard the house.

Now it was just me, Logan and my father. I didn't know how this talk would go.

My father sat on one side of the long table while I sat directly in front of him.

Logan didn't bother sitting down instead he stood against the wall on my right side.

"Who's coming after Rose?" Logan said getting straight to business.

My father took a deep breath. "His name is Dexter. He's king of the Rogues, has been for years."

"Rogues don't follow a king. They're uncontrollable, unreliable and don't provide any service to anyone, especially a king." Logan snorted.

"That may be so but he has more than 90 percent of the rogue population in his army. He's orchestrating all their attacks on every pack, and offering them what they believe is what they want. Destroying every pack in the world."

"But why did he become king? Why do you think he's after me?" I asked slightly frightened.

My father rubbed his face trying to think of what to say.

"He's after you because of your claim to the throne. He wants to be king of all the packs and he thinks by getting you he'll have it." King Charles said lowly. "He's created an army to take the throne and you."

"So... he wants me, what? To marry him?"

I really didn't want to have to be forced into another arranged marriage.

And something told me if I did, I wouldn't be able to escape from this one.

"No." He said quickly like the idea was sick. "He'll steal you to get me to give up my crown to him so he can take over."

I looked at Logan, he had his arms crossed with a stern face.

He tapped his finger on his arm just studying my dad.

"Okay so—" I began.

"You're lying." Logan cut me off. "I can see right through you."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "No my dad wouldn't lie about some king that wants to take over. Tell him father."

But my fathers face was pale and uneasy.

He avoided looking at me and Logan staring at the wooden table.

Logan walked to the table resting his hands on the edge.

"You aren't telling us the whole truth. There's another, deeper reason as to why she's so important to him." Logan growled.

"Son, listen to me when I tell you, this man is dangerous." My father explained standing to his feet.

I had a mental aw moment because my dad called him son. Like he already accepted that he's now his family.

"I don't care how dangerous he is." Logan said angrily. "I want to know what else your not telling me."

My father shook his head. "That's all I know about him. I've known he was the Rogue King for years and he wants revenge—"