Ch. 40 - Bad Dreams

Blade

It's been a week since I have been able to sleep. I've slept restlessly in my bed. I kept tossing and turning for the past week.

I didn't know what was wrong with me I just couldn't sleep, every time I woke up I was waking up sweating.

I even went on late night runs hoping I would be tired enough to fall asleep but it didn't work.

Whenever I managed to fall asleep I would have bad dreams. I'm not talking the ones where your kid and you dream that you got lost in a store and can't find your mom.

No mine were the types where I was dying. Every dream I had I died.

I groaned into my pillow pulling it over my head. Maybe my body was acting weird because Roselyn was feeling weird.

Since I marked her, our senses to each other were stronger we could hear each other's, feel some emotions between us.

Closing my eyes I imagined her presence and all I got was a light pink which meant that she was feeling normal.

When feeling your mates presence you get a sense of their aura color for their emotions.

Pink was calm color, blue was for sickness or worried, red was for danger or dying.

And if you blocked your mate from sensing you it would appear black. I hope to never feel a red color aura from my mate.

I got up from my bed and impatiently walked out of the pack house and over to where she was staying.

Her and Iris still stayed in the guest house which was for visitors because Iris said she wasn't staying in any other house that had us 'sea urchins' in it.

Rose didn't want to leave Iris alone plus it's not like she could've stayed with me, she still didn't trust me.

Which was completely fine but I had hoped her and Iris would at least sleep in my pack house just to be near her.

Things have been better this past week. Rose and I have hung out actually.

I let her attend my meetings, voice what she thinks we should do and even gone out running together.

On our run I showed her this amazing waterfall and for a couple minutes we sat watching it and she even let me hold her hand.

Just being able to hold her hand was enough for me.

I knocked on the front door but no answer came. Well duh it's the middle of the night so they're probably sleeping.

I easily walked in which there should've been a lock on this door. In case some attackers came during the night, they should at least lock their door.

I tip toed up the stairs following my pull to her and reached her beige door.

Maybe this was a bad idea. You know she's sleeping so I shouldn't disturb her. But my conscious was down when my body started twitching again.

I sighed and softly knocked on the door.

A few seconds past and I was about to knock again when it opened.

Rose stood in sweatpants with her hair all messy. Oh she was so perfect.

"Blade?" She whispered rubbing her eyes, "What's wrong? Did something happen?"

"Um no. Just wanted, er, to come see you." I said happily.

She squinted her eyes and looked back at her alarm clock. It read 3:45 am.