Ch. 50 - Going Back Home

Roselyn

"So we're really going back?" Iris asked uneasily.

I nodded. "Yeah, we are."

I grabbed the clothes that Logan gave me, they were really his clothes since we hadn't actually gone shopping for girl clothes.

We had been preoccupied since we met. But I love wearing sweatpants and his shirts.

I zipped up the suitcase and sat on the bed.

Iris was sitting on the bed tapping her thumb on her knee.

"It's weird. Going back, I feel like I just escaped and now the only safe place is where I was banished." She said sadly.

"I feel the same way. It's been a heck of a couple months but we have no other choice." I agreed with her.

She touched the back of her neck which had a bandage on it.

My dad told the pack doctor where he inputted the tracker and she got it removed.

She was pissed he tracked her, I was too, but my dad actually apologized to her face to face.

"Did you know it was my dads idea?" She gritted her teeth. "The tracker to help them find you."

I shook my head. "I'm sorry Iris."

"When we go back I'm going to kill him." She hissed.

I didn't know if she was being serious or just saying it but either what what her dad did was wrong.

I knew she was having a hard time coping about going back.

"So is the whole Dark Eclipse coming to the kingdom?" She asked.

"Women and children are staying here along with 100 of the warriors to act like everything's normal. The others are coming with us." I told her remembering the plan.

She nodded. "That's good. We'll need all the help we can get."

I let out a big sigh. Was this plan going to work?

Dexter sounded really dangerous and determined to get me according to my dad.

But what if Dexter had spies lurking around and was alerted of our plan?

I broke out of my thoughts when the door opened and Logan stood in the doorway.

"Iris, James is looking for you." Logan said.

"That's my cue." She whistled. "See you in a few."

I smiled to my best friend and she closed the door behind her.

Logan didn't look at me just went to packing his clothes in another suitcase.

He hadn't spoken a word to me since after our talk with my dad last night.

I don't think he even slept, his side of the bed was empty when I woke up.

He went to the closet grabbing whatever he could and stuffed it in.

"Logan?" I asked.

"What?" He grumbled going to the bathroom and came out with toothbrush and toothpaste.

He still wouldn't look at me as he continued packing.

"You haven't said a word since last night." I said.