Ch. 44 - Forever Promise

Roselyn

"It looks like a bunny eating a carrot." I said pointing at the clouds.

"What, no. That's clearly an elephant eating a mouse." Iris snorted.

I turned my head to face her. "Elephants are afraid of mice."

"This one isn't." She shrugged her shoulders.

I turned my head back to look at the clouds laying on the soft grass.

Iris and I decided to just take an 'us' day for just the two of us. For the past 2 weeks we had been training everyday.

Logan voiced that it would be good for me to learn how to properly defend myself rather than just slapping someone.

Even though it was his idea to have me training he wasn't even my trainer. James was our trainer, sometimes Brazil or Magnus would train us.

Logan wouldn't allow any other male wolf to train even the ones who had mates who were in charge of training.

He would visit once in a while to see my progress and just leave without saying a word.

That's how it's been.

Since his return he hasn't said more than 5 sentences to me a day.

I also noticed how whenever he did come to visit, he wouldn't look at James.

They couldn't be in the same room for long before James would be glaring daggers at him.

I couldn't blame him, Dark Eclipse was not happy with their alpha and would often follow James's command.

I didn't know if they were following James's command because Logan ordered them to or it was their decision.

Decision or not, Logan made sure I had men guarding me every second of everyday. Not in a possessive bad way but more as a protection caring way.

I would often have nice conversations with my guards or just with other wolves in general.

The combat warriors who were watching over Alpha Elijah's land  back when Henley took over.

Iris and I got a letter from his pack saying how much they missed us and how old members from their pack are finding their way back to them.

It made me smile how great they were doing, they deserved the best after everything they've been through.

I sat up and turned to face Iris who had her eyes closed.

"I'm sorry Iris." I said sadly.

Her eyes opened in confusion. "Sorry? What are you sorry for?"

She sat up facing me blowing her hair out of her face.

"I snapped at you and called you out on things that I had no business in. I didn't mean what I said and I'm really sorry for hurting you." I frowned looking down.

Iris sighed. "Rose you don't need to apologize. You were right. I was avoiding James, still kind of am right now but I'm not mad at you."

She grabbed my hand lifting my head up to look at her and smiled.

"I'm really glad you stayed." Iris didn't actually leave as we all thought. She went to the guest house and waited till I came back that night after Logan was brought back.

We didn't talk about what we both said that night, instead just gave each other a hug and passed out.

"I know it's not my place to say this..." I carried on, "But James is a really good guy. I don't think it would hurt to say hi."