Prologue

Lihua finished her work and was leaving the company. She walked down the stairs making her way to her house when she got a phone call.

"Where are you Lihua?"

"I'm going home, mother."

"Why are you always out? Fen'er is always here with me! You should be ashamed of yourself! Come over to our house now!"

Lihua sighed and hung up.

It has always been like this. Lihua is the disappointment while her younger sister, Lifen, is the angel in the family. 

Ever since Lihua was born, no one in her family liked her. Even when she scored the highest grades in her school her parents weren't happy, instead, they yelled at her for trying to steal Fen'er's attention. She was always antagonised. Always the villain.

When Lihua got a boyfriend for the first time, Lifen told her parents and made her break up with him. Not even a week later, Lihua finds that Lifen is dating him instead. She made Lihua break up with him because she liked him.

Lihua's mother almost died while giving birth to Lihua, and since then, she never liked her. Lihua's mother would always remember the pain she went through when she looked at Lihua.

The only reason why Lihua hasn't been disowned yet was because of her company.

This was a company that Lihua founded and made well-known all on her own. Although her family was well-off, they never helped her, only belittled her, saying that she won't be able to do anything.

Now, Lihua's parents demand her to give them money. They're using her, she knows that but, she has no one else to turn to. They're her family. 

Lihua was thinking about this memory when she entered through the gates. Lifen was there with her boyfriend and they were all laughing merrily and talking about their relationship. No one noticed Lihua enter until the butler announced her presence. Everyone turned to look at her, her parents' gaze filled with resentment.

Lihua wonders what she ever did to make them hate her so much.

"Lihua jiejie you're finally here?" Lifen spoke up.

"En." Lihua calmly replied.

"Your sister is getting engaged today. We're holding the party to announce it in a few days. Make sure everything is prepared." Lihua's mother said while looking at Lihua.

"En?" Lihua said.

"Also, come and sign this document." Lihua's father got up and said.

"What is it about?" Lihua glanced at the document and saw her company's name on it.

Her eyes flashed with a sorrowful light before they returned back into their normal state.

Lihua's father threw the document at her and indifferently said, "Sign it now."

Lihua picked up the pen on the table and glanced towards her family. Her mother and sister were practically seeing stars, greed swirling in their eyes.

She knew something was wrong when she saw her company's name but now she understood.

Still holding the pen, Lihua gets up from the seat and left. Without a word.

Her family was speechless at her actions. They thought that her company was surely going to be in their hands by the end of the day.

Lihua's father roared, "Let's see how this cursed child goes to her home alive today!"

If she died, then her company would be passed to her immediate family, right?

Lihua saw that when she left her parents house, a car was following her, she didn't take any action as it was only observing. When she was about to neighbourhood, the car suddenly started speeding towards her.