Han Suyin - 3.8

Han Xiu woke up early in the morning and got ready to go to Commander Bai's tent. Recently, there were problems regarding the smaller countries that General Han previously conquered. The nearby countries refused to be taken over by Jiu and wanted to rebel.

The smaller countries that weren't under Jiu started to join together and wanted to start a war. This issue wasn't big enough before because there weren't enough people to join the 'army' on the other side.

That was until Zhuming's Emperor decided to join in. He allowed a section of his army to join the other side to try and help destroy Jiu.

'What is wrong with Zhuming's Emperor?'

'Don't know, but his need for control will eventually kill him.'

'I sure hope so, host.'

'General Han had a hidden army right, Arlo?'

'Yes, he did.'

'I'm guessing that Xing Yi Chen also has a hidden army?'

'There's no doubt about that, host.'

One of the reasons why General Han was so valued in the eyes of the Emperor was because of his private army. All the soldiers in it were highly skilled and trained since they were early teens. 

Due to some unfortunate situation, Xing Yi Rong found out about the army and wanted to gain control of it to secure his position as the Crown Prince. When General Han died, Xing Yi Rong thought that Han Suyin didn't have the family badge, therefore she was of no use anymore and he discarded her like trash.

The Emperor knew what Xing Yi Rong did, and although he felt guilty, he eventually didn't lend out a hand for help. The Emperor knew that General Han helped his country become stronger and larger, but he was powerless because of his love for his son.

'That's really interesting, I would think that the Emperor would be scared of General Han's power and try to eliminate him as well.'

'General Han was a very loyal man, he would've never tried to betray his leader, and I'm pretty sure the Emperor knew that.'

'But wouldn't the Emperor still be paranoid about it, like how Zhuming's Emperor is? Man, this is confusing.'

'Yes, it is, host.'

Xing Yi Rong was the Emperor's eldest and most favoured child, his position was secured as the future Emperor but that meant that he was also the biggest target to the other Princes. Although it seemed like they didn't have any interest for the throne, they all wanted to rule Jiu. Some wanted to more than others, and that secret rivalry made Xing Yi Rong paranoid.  

I mean, who wouldn't be paranoid if they're part of Royalty?

Han Xiu was in a dilemma. He wanted to go and see General Han's army, but he didn't want to arouse any suspicion from Commander Bai and the soldiers. He had arrived at Commander Bai's tent and went in.

"Commander Bai." Han Xiu greeted him.

"Han Xiu." Commander Bai nodded at him.

"When are you going to start calling me by my rank? I thought we were buddies!" Han Xiu exclaimed.

"So you think that me calling you by your rank is better than calling you by your name?" Commander Bai questioned.

"...Yes."