Han Suyin - 3.6

'Can I quit?'

'No you can't, host.'

'Why did the male lead, of all people, volunteer to fight me?'

'I'm not sure, host. Maybe it's because he wants to test you?'

'That makes sense.'

Han Xiu bowed a little when Xing Yi Chen came close.

"Your Highness."

Xing Yi Chen nodded and held the spear in a defense position. Everyone in the base knew that the Third Prince's skills were the best, that's why a lot of the soldiers looked up to him and wanted him to join the military.

Han Xiu sure as hell wasn't going to attack first. He stood there, holding the spear and stared at the Third Prince. Xing Yi Chen has fought other Captains before, it was his way of seeing how skilled they were.

He waited for Han Xiu to start but the Captain didn't move.

"You have to attack me." Xing Yi Chen said indifferently.

"I'm good." Han Xiu replied.

"Then how are we going to fight?" Xing Yi Chen pointed the spear at him.

"Why don't you attack me, Your Highness?" Han Xiu copied Xing Yi Chen's action and pointed the spear towards him too.

Xing Yi Chen always defended himself because the Captains would attack him first, this time, Han Xiu turned the tables.

"Alright."

Xing Yi Chen came closer and in a flash, he had swung the spear at Han Xiu. Everyone watching was fascinated at the fast movement of the Third Prince. The match usually ended when the spear was held at the opponents neck or heart.

The soldiers didn't have any expectations for Han Xiu and expected the Third Prince to win. However, Han Xiu is full of surprises.

When Xing Yi Chen struck the spear, he was confident that he won. But when he felt his movement get blocked by Han Xiu's spear, he was taken aback. Using this moment when Xing Yi Chen was distracted, Han Xiu kicked Xing Yi Chen away from him, lightly. He didn't want to get killed.

Xing Yi Chen regained focus and looked at Han Xiu. His eyes narrowed but he didn't move. Han Xiu realized that Xing Yi Chen was expecting him to attack now.

Everyone was completely frozen when they saw what happened. Han Xiu, whom everyone expected to lose, blocked the Third Prince's attack. No one has ever been able to react swiftly enough for that.

"I hope you don't mind, you may get hurt, Your Highness." Han Xiu spoke and moved from his position.

What the soldiers saw next was a figure dashing towards Xing Yi Chen and then it was right next to him. Then the two people were moving so fast the soldiers could only see blurred figures. Both parties actions were swift and agile, the only sounds heard were of the spears hitting each other.

Commander Bai got news of the fight between the Third Prince and Han Xiu. He came to the grounds and was greeted with everyone invested in watching vague outlines of people fighting. Commander Bai looked around and General Gu and the Captains observing the match.

"I think this new Captain is going places." Lieutenant Fei came up to Commander Bai and said.

"Yes, he is." Commander Bai looked at the two people fighting and smiled. "This kid is very powerful."

Just as he said that, a loud sound was heard, it seemed like something broke. Since the people watching could barely see what the two people were doing, they waited until they stopped moving.