CHAPTER 8

Blooming Friendship

Sneha's POV

I agreed to be Mr. Rajput's friend as I don't see any harm in it. Besides he apologized for his behavior towards me and I kind of appreciated the fact that I was the first person whom he had apologized to; that fact alone is enough to tell me that I was important to him.

Besides he literally begged me to be his friend and if I am not wrong I was the first person whom he had lowered himself for.

So I just accepted being his friend.

I was getting ready for office and my thoughts were all around the recent happenings. How the events turned out.

The person whom I wished to never see ever again because I thought he just a rich spoiled brat confessed his feelings for me, send a marriage proposal for me, man handled me and here I am considering him my friend now.

I just shook my head at my stupid thought.

'I just considered his friendship' I scoffted at my own thoughts.

I quickly had my breakfast after I was done I quickly bid my bye to mom.

I went out and hoop on my bike to get to my office ASAP but the damn stupid bike won't start.

I muttered a few curses before giving up.

I cursed my luck as I was already late for my office and I can't ask dad for lift as he already left early as he has to prepare for a meeting.

"Wow, just great. What a luck Sneha? Just perfect" I mumbled to myself while walking to the main road to get a cab.

"That's the only missing thing" I was walking mumbling to myself angrily when a passing car stopped right beside me.

I looked up curiously to see it was Karan.

"Hi, need a ride?" he asked me.

"NO, I was planning to take a walk; you know it's healthy to take a walk in morning" I replied sarcastically.

"Fine then, go ahead" he shrugged his shoulder as if he didn't know I was getting late.

I gave him what-the-fuck dude look.

"Well then" he started the car and was about to go when I shrieked

"STOP"

"yes" he asked me smirking.

"Drop me off to my office" I ordered him sitting in the passenger seat.

"Where are your manners lady?" he asked me playfully.

"To hell with your manners, right now start the damn car and please drive fast I am already late" I said putting on my seat belt.

"As you wish, so get ready for an adventurous ride young lady" he said and took off driving at full speed.

True to his words the ride was indeed adventurous enough to get me a mini heart attack.

He was driving the car at full speed and zoomed through the cars as if we were being chased by some gangster or something.

All the ride I was on the edge, at one moment I thought this was the last day of my life but thanks to his quick reflexes we were saved.

"I am never getting in car with you especially when you are driving it" I said as soon as he stopped the car.

With shaky legs I got off the car; my brain was still on the after effect of the speedy ride I just got myself into.

"Aren't you gonna thank me?" he asked me.

"NO, I won't thank you for almost killing me Mr. Rajput" I replied with a tight smile.

Though I agreed to befriend him I wasn't anywhere ready to accept him as my friend.

"Hey, it was you who asked me to drive fast" he defended himself.

"I did asked you to drive fast, but I never knew you would drive like you do be driving in some race court" I replied as I was still feeling light headed.

"Hey, how did you know that I am a racer?" he asked me surprised.

I scowled at him "Stop kidding me, will you?" I asked him unphased.

"Why?" He asked me confused.

"Your driving wasn't that fast to call yourself a racer" I said mockingly.

"So should we go for another round?" he asked me amused.

"I am already late, so thanks but I will pass" I said turning around to leave when his amused voice halted my steps.

"Scared, are we?" he shouted.

"Who said I am scared?" I asked him with a challenging look in my eyes.

"No one but your actions are pointing to it?" he reasoned.

"Fine, let's see who do be scared by tonight" I said challenging him.

I then headed to my office in a hurry when I heard him shout

"Then see you in the evening"

I just ignored him.

The day went by in a rush as I was late and had to bear shakhi uncle's scolding with lot of work.

At around 7 in the evening I got a call from an unknown no. I picked it without even bothering to know who it was.

"Hello" I greeted as usual.

"Hello" came in a familiar voice.

"Who is it?" I asked ignoring the familiar feeling creeping in.

"I thought you could recognize me but, any ways it's Karan" he replied.

"Why would you think that?" I asked him.

"Never mind, so where are you?" he asked changing subject.

"Where would I be? Obviously I am working my ass of finish before midnight" I replied frustrated.

" You can finish it tomorrow "he said as if it was the most sensible thing.

"Unlike someone I am not the 'boss' here so I have to finish before deadline that is today" I replied mockingly.

"You can be the boss ...." He started when I angrily cut him off.

"NO, Don't even start with that bullshit; I am not marrying you ever so JUST LEAVE ME ALONE" I spat angrily and hang up on him.