CHAPTER 9

RACER GIRL

KARAN'S POV

"You can be the boss ...." I started when she angrily cut him off.

"NO, don't even start with that bullshit; I am not marrying you ever so JUST LEAVE ME ALONE" she spat angrily and hang up on him.

After she hangs up on me I was confused

'why we always end up fighting or her misunderstanding me? And why the hell am I so confused these days?'

'I was just saying she can be the boss if she work hard enough'

What's so wrong about it? I asked myself.

I couldn't understand her so I asked Ruhi

"Bhai you wanted to ask something from me?" she asked me.

I told her everything.

"I just wanted to say that and she reacted as if I proposed her again" I said concluding my story when she started laughing heavily.

I looked at her confused "Why are you laughing?" I asked her hesitantly.

"I can't believe 'The Karan Rajput' who believed he knows everything; can't understand a simple girl like Sneha" she said between her laughter.

"What" I asked her hesitantly.

"It's so true; a man in love is as stupid as an idiot" she said looking at me.

"What; I am not stupid or an idiot" I said angrily.

No one can call me stupid.

I was about to snap at her.

"But you act like one" she said arrogantly.

"If you can't advice me then don't you even dare mock me" I snaped at her.

She just laughed at my pathetic self.

I just huffed in annoyance when she controlling her laughter and said

"Ok, am sorry but it's just so funny to see my ever so perfect brother looking confused and annoyed" she admitted honestly.

Before I could say or defend myself she started again

"Ok so the thing you have already over whelming her, you need to give her time; have patience bhai" she advised me.

" But ..." I tried reasoning when she cut me off.

"No ifs and buts bhai; I already told you one step at a time" she paused for a second

"Be her friend, then best friend then boyfriend likewise you need to follow the order" she explained.

"But we are already friends" I defended my actions.

"Are you sure? She accepted you as a friend" she asked me with a challenging look in her eyes.

"OK. She agreed to think about it" I clarified it to her.she nodded in agreement.

"So, I assume you know these are two different things" she said like a teacher teaching a tenth graded student.

"You need to work on yourself bhai" she said shaking her head in disappointment.

"Even if you are my brother, she is my best friend and I want someone as good as she is for her and you lack a lot so start working on yourself or the girl will be gone even before you could befriend her" she advised me or more like threaten me.

"NO, I won't let that happen" I shouted angrily.

"Then start working on trust first, earn her trust before her love cause it's the stepping stone to any relationship" she said leave me alone to my thoughts.