CHAPTER - 23

THE UNFORTUNATE NEWS

AUTHOUR'S POV

It's been a week since they are having lunch together. Now they had become good friends, she feels good around him, she likes spending time with him; although she lives in this unknown city all by herself. She had developed feeling for him yet is unaware on her destiny that pulls her to him like a magnet.

Karan has started opening up his heart yet again to her; although she is the owner of his heart, he is happy and tried to spend as much time as he can spend with her. This time he was determined to do all the things perfectly and he is not going to lose her at any cost.

It is a weekend and he offered her to have a city tour.

"Tomorrow is a weekend, so what are your plans?" he asked her casually.

"Nothing, just staying at home and watching a movie or two and chilling" she replied shrugging.

"I was thinking if you are up for a city tour" he asked her.

"Sure, I am in for some fun" she replied smiling ear to ear.

"So, where are you taking me?" she asked him curiously.

"I haven't decided yet besides I don't know the tourist places well here" he replied a little embarrassed.

"What? Are you kidding me? You said you have settled here for like 4 years now and you haven't visited any fun places" she asked him shocked.

"Well,I never really had time besides it really doesn't matters to me" he replied shrugging his shoulders.

"So Mr. Workaholic, what made you change your mind?" she asked him curiously. Yeah she has given him this nick name; she do use it when she is irritated or wants to tease him.

"Well now I have a great company besides I really needs a breaks so I thought why not ask you" he replied .

They agreed that he was going to pick her up from her place. She was ready for the fun but he was running a bit late. She was feeling restless because he was never late before this. She was worried when her phone ringed. It was him; she was ready to lecture him but he was not the caller, she supposes to show her anger.

The call gave her the most heart breaking news. He has met with an accident and the last call was to her.

She burst in tears; she gathered all her courage and picks her purse, wallet, phone, keys and rushed to the door still crying.

When she opened the door, he was standing there all safe and sound with a smile and a bouquet of flowers and was about to ring the bell.

Without any delay she hugged him tightly sobbing on his shoulder. He was confused on her action and tried to calm her down.

"Sneha calm down, what happened? Why are you crying, is everything all right?" he asked her.

"Promise me, you won't ever leave me" she demanded still sobbing.

He was reminded of the time when he proposed her and almost got shot when she asked the same promised but he broke it. he felt guilty for leaving her.

"Okay, I promise; I won't leave you. Now at least tell me what happened?" he asked still trying to calm her down.

This time he was determined to keep his promise and never leave her; he has once gone through the pain of separation and was not ready to go through it again.

He somehow managed to bring her inside and made her sit on the sofa and sat on the ground. He got her a glass of water.

" Here Please, have it" he gave her the water. She drank a little of it then started,

"I got a call from your number saying that you met with a severe accident and in a condition of life and death" she said and again burst into tears. He hugged her to comfort her.

"Why are you crying, look I am all fine" he tried to console her.

"I don't know what I will do if something would have happened to you, I can't even imagine" she said still sobbing in his arms.

"Till you are with me nothing bad can happen to me, I will fight off everything just to be with you" she was calm now. She suddenly realizes that she was sitting too close to him that to in his arms. She felt safe.

"My wallet and phone got theft in the mall so I was a bit late. I never knew this would happen or else I would have rushed to you as early as possible" he explained to her; still stroking her long silky locks in an attempt to comfort her.

"Now stop crying, I can't bear to see you crying" he said in a pained voice.

She fell asleep in his arms. He looked at her , she is his angel – pure and innocent.