CHAPTER 23

Aqours and Taichi now at Ohara rest house. The dark brown haired frown. 'Looks like Mrs Ohara already has a candidate for Mari since beginning. So when Mari picks me as her soulmate, she's pissed because she can't control her anymore' thinks Taichi. "Anyway, we've involved Chika and others to our next step. For that, we need a proper plan," said Kanan. "Indeed," said Dia. The door slams open as the girls look at the new arriving Mrs. Ohara. Taichi sighs. "Mama," said Mari. "Hiding out in a place like this, was it another of 'Hugs' idea?" asked Mrs. Ohara. "Maybe because of it's my idea, I hide them in my own rest house," muttered Taichi. "No, it wasn't. It was my idea because you were being difficult, mama," said Mari. "Because I wasn't difficult that you turned out this way. At the time you ran away from home during elementary school and to save your school, you quit your high school here to return to Uranohoshi. I put it up because papa asked me to. But this is the result," said Mrs. Ohara. "What do you mean by 'this'?" asked Mari. "Nothing good came out from this, did it? The school will be closed and you Mari will not receive your certificate of graduation from abroad," said Mrs. Ohara. The dark brown haired narrows his eyes towards his mother in law. "Wait. I did everything as a School Idol. I won Love Live together with everyone," said Mari. "So? What advantages was there in becoming School Idol? Worthless," said Mrs. Ohara. Chika narrows her eyes and almost head towards the elder blonde but Dia holds her. "She's that sort of person. That's why we brought Mari to the outside world," said Kanan as she and Dia stand beside Mari. "Shut up! Whatever Mari does is up to me," said Mrs. Ohara as she grabs her daughter's hand. Kanan and Dia grabs their best friend's hand. Taichi and other s walk towards the trio. "It is not worthless." Mrs. Ohara looks at her daughter. "School Idols are not worthless," said Mari. "Mari," said Mrs. Ohara. "If I can prove that School Idol are not worthless and capable of great things, please let me do as I wish. If I can show you that School Idols are able to touch the heart of others, would you acknowledge me, mama?" asked Mari as the remain member of Aqours stand behind her. She wants to retort but a glare from her son in law, stop her.  "Would you stop the offer marriage and let her meets her best friend when she likes? After all, as her husband, I don't like it when my wife's own mother want to sell her daughter so she can control her life," said Taichi, stern. She releases her daughter's hand. "Fine. But if you fail, you will do as I say," said Mrs. Ohara as she walks out. Taichi follows her. 

As they head towards the door, Taichi looks at his mother in law. "Look, you can't control her life as you wish. You already taught her what she needs to know. Now, it is up to her to learn outside world and gain more experience. Learn to trust your daughter and let she earn her happiness," said Taichi. Mrs. Ohara rides the motorcycle. "Remember, after she get married, it is her husband's responsible on her life," said Taichi. Mrs. Ohara kicks the engine and drives away.

The next day, 

Taichi stands beside Mrs. Ohara. "Now you understand why being School Idols is not worthless. She inherits your passion on music so you need to let her express it," said Taichi. Mrs. Ohara heads towards Aqours. He smiles.

At night, Taichi lies on the bed. Mari and Dia sleep beside him.  'Never try this idea of honeymoon' thinks Taichi as he pulls the cover.

Few days later, Taichi and the Aqours arrive at the old school building. "Another day, another plan for Aqours next performance," said Taichi. A rings stop him. He looks towards Aqours that already walks into the building. He walks further and answer the call. "Yes, this is Taichi Kamiya," said Taichi. "Hello, Mr. Kamiya. I'm here to inform you that the renovation already begin and it should be done in the end of next month," said the secretary. "Thank you. I will look at it later on," said Taichi. "We also have the report on Seishen High School principle insulting and pushing Uranohoshi High School students. Do you want us to take action on him?" asked the secretary. "Until now, put it on hold. We need more proof on that," said Taichi. "I understand," said secretary.