CHAPTER 18

At Uranohoshi, the students are preparing for their festival. Dia looks around. "What's wrong?" Dia looks at Kanan. "Where is Tai?" asked Dia. "No idea. I never see him this morning," said Kanan. She picks up her augma and looks around.

One of the room, Taichi puts a huge Center Processing Unit nearby the wall. He puts a keyboard on the table near the CPU. He sighs. 'I manage to put some scenario inside that CPU along with the chosen characters' thinks Taichi. "What are you doing?" He looks at Dia that stands at the door. "Preparing for the festival," said Taichi. "What activity is that?" asked Dia. "Virtual Reality. There are few scenario that the players can use and experience while being a character they choose. It limited to 5 people per round," explained Taichi. "Did you get permission for this? We didn't see that in festival budget planning," said Dia. "Nope. I kinda do it delinquent style," said Taichi. The raven haired sighs. "You still like to use that cover up personality?" asked Dia. "Well, miss Kurosawa, he wasn't called Senshi of Miracles and Mischief for nothing." He sighs. "I should mute you before I came here," muttered Taichi. The raven haired smiles and hugs his waist. "Don't worry. I don't mind you being a little mischief but warn me next time," said Dia. "I only use the room since I need space. I bring my own power supply," said Taichi, points towards mini nuclear arc reactor nearby. "So, you just need the space," said Dia. "Yup," said Taichi with a smile. The first heir of Kurosawa smiles. "I wonder what kind of scenario you already prepared," said Dia. "You'll find out when festival begin," said Taichi.

As the festival day begin, the students have their fun. Taichi still at the room, checking the scenario. In front of him, 5 students wearing the VR mask and in their chosen scenario. "So far, so good," said Taichi. "Sir, the speed is maintaining at 100GB per second." "Keep it that way," said Taichi. 10 minutes has passed as the next group of 5 come in and start using the VR mask and gloves. "Wow, there are many people here." Taichi looks at Chika and You. "Well, this is special booth so it got people's interested," said Taichi. "Can we try?" asked You. "Just get in the line and you'll try it," said Taichi.

Night time comes as the students circle around the bon fire. Taichi stands far away back, looking at them. "You're not joining?" Taichi looks at Dia that heads towards him. "Nah, I like here better," said Taichi. "Enjoying the moment from far away huh?" asked Dia as she stands beside him. "Yeah, just like how I always been since 1500 years ago," said Taichi. She looks at the bon fire. "Yeah but there will be times instead of just watching from afar, you can join the life," said Dia. The dark brown haired looks at the raven haired, questioning her wiseness. She rolls her eyes. "We don't know what future hold for us but one thing I know for sure, we will face it together," said Dia. 

"This includes the Uranohoshi Girls High School closing festival," said Mari. Kanan and Dia stand beside her. Taichi still stands further from the whole students. "Watching the people who came to the festival today, I've realized that how much this school was loved and how important it was to this town and to all of us. So, the school closing festival made me the happiest. I felt a warmth stronger than I've ever felt before," said Mari. "Mari-san," called Dia. The blonde bows towards the students. "I'm sorry," said Mari. "Mari," called Kanan. The students loss of words. "I'm sorry. If I had tried harder, just a bit harder," said Mari, her tears flow. Taichi walks towards them. "You tried your best, Mari but there are times luck never on our side," said Taichi. The students look at the only male student. "That is why, it is up to Aqours to make sure that Uranohoshi Girls High will be in Love Live," said Taichi. "Well then, let's finish things by singing together! With all our cheers! With all our joy! Singing so loud it reaches the heaven!" yelled Mari.