Chapter Eleven ~ Arlong Park

~Nicole~

We had lost Nami and the Merry, we couldn't catch up in time but i figured where Nami was headed, a small island nearby was the base of a notorious fishman pirate named Arlong, even i knew of him, and from what Johnny told me that Nami had been staring at a wanted poster of him, i knew it had to be where she was headed, Yosaku was going back to relay this to Luffy.

"Alright we're here that's Arlong park ahead"Johnny said as the boat approached the island, and sure enough off in the distance i saw a building of sorts "Arlong park huh? So this is the hideout of the fishman pirate huh?"Usopp whimpered a bit and gulped "That's the word around these parts"i said "I hope Nami's really here"Usopp said "Big sis Nami took the Going Merry so before anything we should check if it's here"Johnny said "Yeah good idea"Usopp agreed.

"Let's attack"Zoro said getting up, i got up too "You're crazy if you think you can take them all on at once, especially when we can sneak in and kill them one by one, you're not going anywhere with that wound!"i yelled at him "I'll be fine! I'm placing my thoughts on the battle we're about to face, Luffy told us to bring Nami back and i'll do just that!"he argued back.

"I didn't say we shouldn't get Nami, i'm saying there's an easier way to go about it!"i argued "I say the easiest way is to attack head on!"Zoro argued back "You're injured!"i argued "I told you i'm fine!"he argued back "You certainly are not!"i yelled back when there was a bonk and Zoro went down.

I caught him and noticed Usopp "What was that for? You didn't have to knock him out"i said "Sorry Nicole but see we had no choice, he probably would of gone charging in head first regardless of what you said"he said taking Zoro and tying him to the boat "Okay but why are you tying him?"i asked "A precaution"Usopp simply said.

I hummed thinking about it, Zoro probably would have gone charging in head first despite what i said, he is the stubborn type, and he probably would of dragged me with him too, rather i would have followed to make sure he didn't overexert himself "Fine but be careful of his wound"i said "Of course"Usopp said, we sailed along the cost line until we spotted the Going Merry.

"What do you think you're doing?! Would you idiots untie me?! I am not the enemy! Come on Nicole!"Zoro yelled having regained consciousness a while back "Sorry Zoro but really it's for your own good, a head on attack is not the best strategy here and besides that you're injured"i said walking over and poking his wound, he flinched a bit but also blushed.

"Yeah just sit back and relax, you can help next time"Usopp said before getting all full of himself "Fear not for i will bring the girl back!"he said laughing, i sweatdropped a bit "You're awfully confident now that we're away from Arlong park"i pointed out just as we noticed fishmen around the bend, on the dock where the Going Merry was.

"Why didn't we just dock right there?!"Zoro yelled "Shush!"i sussed him covering his mouth with my hand "Because we don't want to get into an unnecessary fight"i silently hissed "Wait"Zoro said after i moved my hand, he smirked "Don't tell me you're scared too?"he asked, i blushed "Don't be ridiculous! I've fought things much scarier then fishmen, i'm just saying there's a better way to go about this!"i whispered yelled "You are scared"Zoro laughed "Am not!"i yelled back.

"Are to"Zoro argued "I'll prove it, let's fight"i said "Fine you're on"Zoro smirked, just then i yelped as Usopp dragged me off the ship "Hey! Let me go! What about Zoro?"i asked while being dragged by Usopp as he and Johnny were swimming away, though we came to a stop at that and i swam on my own "Big bro Zoro will be fine"Johnny said "Alright let's find some land"Usopp said, i looked back to the ship before following Usopp and Johnny.

"Hey i've been meaning to ask, is there something going on with you and Zoro?"Usopp asked me as we swam "What?! NO!"i yelled blushing in embarrassment, i sighed "I mean i don't know, we travelled for a year before we got recruited by Luffy"i said.

"Why'd you ask anyway?"i asked "Well it just seems like there's definitely something there, i mean i'm no expert"Usopp said, just hummed a bit and started thinking about it as we reached the shore of Goza village, at least that's what Johnny said it was called, the whole town was flipped upside down "What happened here?"Usopp asked.

"I heard Arlong had passed through a few weeks back but i never imagined this!"Johnny said "Everything's upside down"Usopp pointed out, meanwhile i was deep in thought "I've heard people say that fishmen can be stronger then normal human beings by a very wide margin, i guess this is how strong you have to be to survive the Grand Line"Johnny said.

Survive yes but to thrive you need to be even stronger, anyway back to my original thoughts ignoring whatever Usopp is muttering about, is there something between me and Zoro? We're friends yes, partners even but in a romantic sense? No, but maybe, is there? I mean i do like him, i guess i just haven't thought of him like that  though, as if on cue his smile crossed my mind and i felt my cheeks burn and my heart rate increase.

Maybe there is something but now wasn't the time to dwell on such thoughts as i should focus on getting Nami back, just as i snapped out of it i saw a fishman try to grab me, i jumped back drew my sword and struck with the back of the blade, it knocked out the fishman and the force was enough to slice a few floors of the surrounding buildings, oops.

"What the hell Nicole?!"Usopp yelled getting in my face "What?"i asked "You could have told me you were this strong!"he yelled "You didn't ask"i said, "Die fishman!"I heard and noticed a little kid attacking Usopp from behind, who quickly scurried behind me but before the kid even got close enough some girl karate chopped the kid on the head.

"Honestly! How many times do i have to tell you not to mess with the fishmen, it was just one person who decided to stand up to them and they responded by slaughtering everyone in Goza" the girl, who seemed to be the same age as me, said, Usopp peaked out from behind me "You look and smell like a fishman but i can see that you're mostly human"the girl said noticing him "Mostly! How rude! Chop em' up Nicole!"he said.

I sweatdropped "How about you fight your own battles?"i muttered, the fishman was starting to come too though "Come on you two"the girl said and we hid in an alley and watched as the fishman came too, she then screamed and lied to the fishman about which way we went, "Thanks for that"i smiled at her in thanks "Hey no problem, i can take you to my house, it's not far"she said, i glanced at Usopp "I say we go with but keep our guard up"he whispered to me, i nodded "Lead the way"i told the girl and followed her to her home.