Chapter Seventy Six ~ My favorite Filler Arc part 3

~Third~

"Could of sworn it was around here somewhere"Luffy said as the crew had made their way into the fortress and making their way towards the mess hall "Wait you mean this isn't the right place?"Usopp asked "I don't know i can't tell"Luffy said "You can't? But weren't you and Sanji here just a few hours ago?"Usopp asked "According to this map were in the medical ward"Robin said reading the map.

"Shhs i think i hear someone up ahead"Usopp said, Nicole could 'hear' them too, two people right behind the door Usopp was leaning against to listen in on them "Those voices"Luffy trailed off leaning on the door too "It's that doctor that acted as our hostage"Robin said "And the old man"Usopp said, the crew went inside the room hoping they knew where the gold was.

"So the gold wasn't on your ship?"the doctor asked "Or in the vault"Robin said "it's wild that you two are father and daughter, say are you sick or something old man?"Usopp asked "Let's just say that there's nothing wrong with me that a nip from the bottle won't cure, the stuff in this bottle is all the medicine i need"the old man said going to take a drink before the doctor snatched it away.

"Ah dad, you know there's no smoking or drinking in the medical ward"the doctor said "Come on just one drink"the old man said "No!"the doctor said "Why do you have to be so stubborn?" the old man asked "Come on old man you really need to listen to your daughter i mean your doctor"Usopp said.

"You're lecturing me? The same guys who's hides i saved? But instead of escaping they come waltzing right back here? Oh that's rich, is that blasted really that important to you guys?"the old guy asked.

"Of course it is old repair guy we are pirates after all"Luffy said "Think about it dad would you walk away from that much gold if it was yours? I'm sure they must have worked really hard for it"the doctor said "You just stay out of this Kobato!"the old man told his daughter "We were saving that gold"Usopp said "Saving?"the old man asked "Yeah we were gonna use it to hire a shipwright to make major repairs on the Merry like you said we should"Usopp said.

"Ha like i believe a bunch of pirates?"the old man asked "Fine you don't have to believe us, but we are going to fix the Merry up i don't care what you believe you old coot"Usopp said "Coot?" the old man asked and the two got into a growling match "Dad i believe him"the doctor said "Huh?"the old man asked.

"It isn't just their ship, it's also their home"the doctor said smiling a bit "Home? Yeah"the old man said and lead them out to the base of a cliff "Well there it is, it's not the quickest way to get around but there usually aren't many guards up that way that path will take you right up into the mountains"the old man said.

"It looks more like a sheer cliff then it does a path"Usopp said "Alright then let's go get our gold thanks old repair guy"Luffy said already climbing up the cliff side "Good luck!"Usopp said and the others started going up the path.

"Too bad we didn't have time to come up with a plan back there"Robin said as the crew made it to the top "So what are we supposed to do now? Just wander around aimlessly until we find the gold?"Usopp asked "No i have a hunch where it might be"Nicole said before the others could ask her where they heard the waver and Nami approaching.

They explained the situation to her "I see and then you ran into doctor Kobato, Nicole you said you had a hunch where the gold is?"Nami asked, Nicole nodded "Yeah i bet the gold is in the commanders office"she said.

"Why do you think that? It could be in another vault"Nami said "Doubt it, any other vaults could just be traps, besides that we don't have the time to run around checking every single one dawn will come up which will make things much harder, the commander is the fishing type meaning he's using the gold as bait and what better place to dangle the bait then right infront of the fishermen?"Nicole asked.