Chapter Thirty Six ~ I just wanna hug the reindeer

~Nicole~

"Everyone we found Dalton he's over here!"one of the villagers yelled, i dropped my shovel and went to see this Dalton guy "This is horrible, i can't feel a heartbeat"one of the villagers said, Zoro joined my side as Vivi was yelling fruitlessly at the unconscious guy, i'm guessing Dalton cause she keeps saying that name over and over.

"Don't worry he's not dead"someone said "The twenty Md's"one of the villagers said, ah so these guys are doctors "He will be if we don't act soon, he has severe frostbite"one of the doctors said "We can begin treating immediately if you'll let us"another doctor said.

"Hey what do you know there are doctors here, that's funny i heard there weren't any sawbones in this country"Zoro said "There are a few doctors, these guys are the twenty Md's but they work exclusively for Wapol so that makes them bad doctors"Usopp said "The fatty who attacked us right?"I asked "Yeah"Usopp nodded "That's right we can't trust any of you traitors, you expect us to leave Dalton with you? You surrendered to Wapol fight out a fight and turned your backs on us"one of the villagers said.

"Wapol probably sent you here to kill Dalton"another said "Please if you want to save him just do as i say"one of the doctors said, the villagers weren't buying it "The twenty of us are still doctors, even though we were forced against our wills to serve only Wapol"one of the doctors said taking off their glasses and mask, the others followed as to show the villagers could trust them again.

"We've always worked to advance our medical research for the benefit of all the patients in this country, it was all because of a certain quack who taught us never to give up, we can't afford to lose any more men like him so please let us help"the doctor said 

~skip~

The doctors were treating that Dalton guy inside as Vivi, Usopp, Zoro and i waited outside "I can't take this anymore let's go up the mountain, okay Usopp, Mr. Bushido, Nicole?"Vivi asked "This sitting around and waiting is killing me, Luffy and the others could of gotten hurt in that avalanche they might be trapped and don't forget Nami had a high fever, maybe something happened to them"Vivi said.

"You're worried about Nami and Luffy and Sanji and Dalton and what's going on in Alabasta, Vivi can't you see it you're carrying too many burdens on your shoulders calm down, we don't need to go up there at all and do you know why? Because those three are fine that's Luffy, Nami and Sanji we're talking about, i believe in them"Usopp said.

"Thanks a lot you're full off wisdom Usopp"Vivi said after thinking about it "No he's full of crap he's just scared to go up that mountain"Zoro said poking Usopp on the head "But i heard there were things like yetis and man eating bunnies up there i don't wanna get eaten!"Usopp said "Then say so from the start you coward"Zoro said "He does have a point though"i said going over to Vivi who looked at me.

"Worrying excessively gives you nothing but wrinkles, have a little faith"i said "Now you're being hypocritical, you worry about me all the time"Zoro said poking my forehead as well "I'm allowed to worry about a reckless idiot like you who would go jumping into freezing rivers!"i yelled at him, the door opened just then that Dalton guy came limping out and barely five steps out he fell on his knees.

"Get out of my way we can't let Wapol retake the castle we just can't"Dalton said "Wait you mean that's where you're headed the castle?"Vivi asked "In your condition? Are you nuts?" Usopp asked "My country is more important then my health, he cannot succeed, i will not let that happen not now not ever Wapol must perish"Dalton said.

"But you're not strong enough to fight them in your condition sir"one of the villagers said "And the rest of us are no match for them either"another said as Dalton got up "I'm going to settle this thing once and for all i'll stop Wapol even if it kills me"he said walking forward, Usopp stepped infront of him and offered the guy a ride on his back "Here i'll take you to the castle hop on"he said.

"He doesn't seriously think he could lift a guy that size, let alone carry him anywhere?"i muttered "We'll see where this goes"Zoro said, Usopp could carry the guy but he was going rather slow "Damn it what the hell is he doing?"Zoro wondered with a sigh and walked over grabbing the Dalton guy and easily lifting him over his shoulder "You just gonna sit there and whine or are you coming with us?"Zoro asked Usopp.

"Seriously what were you thinking Usopp? Lifting this guy with your twiggy arms"i said "Well i don't see much on your arms either"Usopp said "Please i could dead lift a hundred guys his size easy"i said "We'll see about that! I challenge you!"Usopp said "Oh yeah? Well i accept, even though i doubt it will be much of a challenge"i said "You just wait until we get back on the Merry!"Usopp said.

"Hey wait hold up there's an easier way up to the castle"one of the villagers called after us and we looked back "Instead of walking take the rope way"the villager called "Rope way? Impossible, there hasn't been one connecting to Wapol's castle for a while"another said "Someone's obviously reconnected one because i just saw it, there was a rope connected to a big white tree in the outskirts of Gyasta"another said.

"Gyasta huh?"Usopp asked "That's the name of the town doctor Kureha was headed to remember?"Vivi asked him, we followed the villagers to this Gyasta place and sure enough just outside of it there was a tree that had a rope tied to it, we got on some gondola sort of thing and started our way up the rope riding on it.

"Great view from this thing huh?"Zoro asked once we were about halfway up "Kinda romantic no?"i whispered leaning on him "Yeah"he whispered back putting his arm around me, i giggled a bit we're already being more affectionate to each other, funny how one kiss can change things "Yeah but is it this the tiniest bit over crowded?"Usopp asked having not heard our conversation or noticing our couple thing.

"We can let Dalton go alone when he's injured we'll fight along side him"one of the villagers said, quite a few of them was packed into this sardine can along with us "Okay okay i get it but we're so overloaded it'll take forever to get there"Usopp said "Yeah we'd be moving a lot faster with less people"i said.

~skip~

As we came up to the castle and to the snow covered dock thing Usopp got off first but ignoring whatever he was saying Zoro and i went up the stairs there  "I'm going first!"Usopp said rushing ahead of us but as we got to the top he went to hide behind Zoro "Hey what the hell are you doing?"he asked Usopp "Just watching your back"Usopp said "Hiding behind it is more like it why'd you even come up if you're so scared?"Zoro asked.

"Scared don't be ridiculous i always laugh at the face of danger"Usopp said "Well i don't see you laughing now"i said as something approached with a yell from the distance "Luffy!"we yelled at him as the rubber man came flying at us, Zoro protected me at the last second, "Why the hell did you do that you moron?!"he yelled at Luffy popping out of the snow, i shortly followed, Usopp was still unconscious though.

Luffy just laughed "I didn't recognized you at first, i really thought you were more of big mouths guards coming up here to fight, i'm really surprised you came up here, well not either of you Zoro and Nicole but you Usopp aren't you normally scared of stuff like climbing mountains?"he asked "Haha yeah right whenever there's a towering peak infront of me i get to climbing but let me tell you scaling that mountain hand over hand was no picnic"Usopp said.

"He's fibbing as usual we took a rope way cart up here"i told him "Nami and Sanji are they alright?"Vivi asked walking forward and over to Luffy "Yeah both of them are just fine"Luffy said "Thank goodness"Vivi said "So what was it you were doing on top of the castle a few minutes ago?"Zoro asked ignoring whatever Usopp was rambling about.

"Beating the crap out of the king"Luffy said "Oh okay"Zoro said "You mean to say that person i saw flying through the air was actually Wapol? You beat him?"Dalton asked "Yep i sure did"Luffy said "You say that like it was an easy fight"i said "Yeah, kinda disappointing really"Luffy said "And his two henchmen what happened to them?"Dalton asked.

"Oh well the reindeer beat them up"Luffy said "What those two a reindeer?"Dalton wondered "Oh hey Usopp i made a new friend get this he's a reindeer"Luffy said just as Usopp was finishing his ramble "Reindeer?"Usopp asked "Oh hey i remember seeing a reindeer, it was pulling a sled with this woman in it, i wonder if it's the same one"i said "Oh yeah, could be"Zoro said.

"It is you"Dalton said, looking over it was this little thing hiding behind a tree, very poorly might i add, but i squealed a bit "You are the cutest thing ever!"i yelled going after the thing which screamed running away "Come back i just wanna hug you!"i yelled chasing it.