Chapter One Hundred Eleven ~ The Calm before The Storm

~Third~

One day later, "Chopper"Luffy called as him and the rest came over setting up the party, Zoro was still laying on the bed still under treatment, Nicole was sitting next to the bed on a chair and holding Zoro's hand , she hadn't budged an inch from that spot all day even ignoring her own injuries until Zoro was at least patched up.

"We've got everything you asked for bundled up here"Franky said "Oh that's great thanks" Chopper said "How's Zoro doing?"Luffy asked "I've never seen him in such terrible condition before he was teetering on the edge of death"Nicole squeezed Zoro's hand on the word death.

"It's bizarre something happened while we were passed out, he was injured before but not like this"Chopper said "How are you holding up Nicole?"Luffy asked, Nicole gave a tired smile, she spent all day and night helping Chopper treat Zoro "I'm fine"she simply said, Luffy could see she wasn't fine but decided not to press it and just grinned "Okay"he nodded.

"It is strange and it's stranger that Kuma the tyrant just left"Robin said walking over "Stranger still is why's Luffy so energetic?"Usopp wondered, "Yeah i don't get it either but it's fine with me"Luffy said "You wanna know what happened? Then look no further"One pirate said but before the other could say anything a cold tired glare was thrown at them, they promptly shut up as Nicole turned back to Zoro.

Sanji dragged out the two guys and questioned them on what happened, clearly Nicole didn't want anyone to know and neither did Zoro now that he thought about the swordsman's response when he asked about it before.

The two told Sanji everything they saw, Sanji took a drag from his cigarette "That explains why Luffy's just fine and Zoro's damn near comatose, that moron making Nicole worry like that, no wonder she reacted as she did"he said more to himself recalling that.

"Well now that you know come on let's go spread the tale of how brave your friend is"one pirate said "Yeah and let's not forget that tear jerking parting of lovers"the other said and the two ran off "Hold it"Sanji said stopping them.

"You're keeping your mouth shut, Zoro didn't do this for Luffy's gratitude and besides how do you think it would make Luffy feel if he found out Zoro is suffering from his pain? I bet that's why Nicole is also keeping quiet about it"Sanji said, the two were still unsure though "Don't say a word or i'll kick the crap out of you!"Sanji threatened "Alright you convinced me"one pirate said "Yeah you're absolutely right"the other said.

"Everyone's still alive right? That's all that matters, now let's go eat"Sanji said going back inside, however Robin had used her powers to listen in on the conservation, anyway the party got started but Nicole still wasn't leaving Zoro's side "It's loud as a battlefield in here and he's sleeping right through it"Chopper said eating some sweets.

Nicole giggled a bit "That's nothing new, he can sleep through pretty much anything"she said "Hey Chopper here"Luffy grinned bringing over a barrel of booze "It's Zoro's portion, now drink up"Luffy said holding the barrel up "Back off!"Nicole yelled punching him straight to the other side of the room creating an indent in the wall, she knew it wouldn't hurt him though, she was too tired to use Haki.

"I'll make sure he gets to drink it once he wakes up and you damn better save some for me too!" Nicole yelled "Yes ma'am"Luffy called from his hole in the wall, Nicole huffed sitting back down and going back to holding Zoro's hand instantly relaxing him as Brook started playing some songs.

~skip~

Nicole perked up a bit as Brook started playing a tune very familiar to her, frankly there probably wasn't a pirate in the world that hasn't heard Bink's Sake, she found herself quietly singing along making Zoro smile in his sleep.

~skip~

"I'm so glad to still be alive!"Brook cried "Ah does the offer to join your crew still stand?"he asked after calming down "Yeah welcome aboard"Luffy said shocking the others except Zoro who was asleep, Nicole who just smiled and Robin who giggled a bit, the others tossed Brook around and they celebrated the joining of a new crew member.

~skip~

Two days later, Franky and Usopp had build a gravestone for the Rumbar pirates, Brook's old crew,  and buried them, the others headed to the Sunny but Brook stayed behind playing a tune for his old crew when he was joined by Zoro carrying a napping Nicole on his back.

Zoro said nothing as he buried Yubashiri and shifted Nicole to his lap as he sat down"Goodness you gave me a fright are you feeling better?"Brook asked "Yeah i over slept a bit"Zoro said "And what about her?"Brook asked referring to Nicole cuddling into Zoro still deep in nap mode "She'll be fine, she didn't sleep one wink while i was out"he said looking at Nicole.

"You're lucky to have found such a woman"Brook said, Zoro smiled a bit "She is quite the woman"he said.

~skip~

Nicole was walking around but not really totally awake yet, she was kinda dazed as the Strawhats were setting off, Lola gave a piece of a vivre card to Nami saying it was her mothers and explained what it was "Oh yeah Nicole said something about those when Ace gave me his"Luffy grinned, Nicole still in a daze tilted her head "I did?"she asked.

Luffy checked the card which was burning slightly, Lola explained what it meant but Luffy believed his big bro would manage and the Strawhats officially set off celebrating Brook joining them again now that Zoro was awake.

~skip~

It's been a few days since Thriller Bark, the Sunny and her crew were stuck since the wind had yet to pick up, getting to take a brake wasn't all that bad though.

"Here you go Brook"Nicole smiled handing the cane sword back to the skeleton after doing maintenance on it "Yohoho thank you very much, my sword looks as good as new not that i have eyes to look with Yohohoho"Brook said looking at the sharpened and polished bit of metal "Nah it was no trouble, i was surprised it's conditions is as good as it is"Nicole said.

"Well i did my best to maintain it but i feel relieved to have an expert such as you to look at it" Brook said "I'm hardly an expert but thank you for the compliment regardless"Nicole said before there was a hawk call from the sky.

Nicole smiled jumping up and held her hand out "Ah a message from your father?"Brook asked as the hawk landed on her arm "Yep, did you read that in the log book too?"Nicole asked "Yes" Brook nodded as Nicole got the letter off the hawks leg and started reading it.

Nicole smiled a bit finishing it and tucking it away before she got to writing a reply, she tied it onto hawk's leg and sent him off before turning to maintain Zoro's swords "Uhm"Brook said, Nicole hummed a bit glancing at him as she was inspecting Kitetsu.

"May i ask what did your father write about?"Brook asked "He said he was proud of my new bounty and asked how things were with me and so on"Nicole said "Uhm"Brook said just as Nicole was going to full focus mode, she hummed a bit and looked at him clearly a little irritated "Uh never mind"Brook said walking off as Nicole went into full focus mode.