Chapter Twelve ~ Cocoyashi Village

~Nicole~

We finally had a moment to rest as we reached the girls home, i checked if i still had the pin, thankfully i did, but i decided to pin it better, putting it through the leather around the hilt of my blade, i twisted it around just to make sure it wouldn't slip, i know i told dad i'd put it in my hair later but he doesn't have to know how much later, besides i prefer to keep my hair loose.

"I'm Nojiko by the way"the girl said finally introducing herself "I'm Nicole"i said sitting down next to her as she offered a drink, Usopp sat next to me "I saw you knock out that fishman, nice work but we surely would have been killed once he woke up, you should mind your business stupid outsider"she said, the room temperature itself seemed to drop as i glared at her but i dropped it just as quick taking a sip of my drink.

"You'd figure a kid from here would already know better"Nojiko said turning to scold the kid "What would make a child do something so reckless?"she asked "I know, i know but they killed my daddy, they took everything from me, those fishmen destroyed our town and killed my friends i had to make them pay no matter what, don't you get that? So i went to Arlong Park by myself but this girl stopped me from going in, she's like an evil witch, i can't stand this i have to avenge my father i don't care if i die!"the kid cried.

"Then die"Nojiko said, Usopp did a spit take "But if you're truly prepared to die then go, you'd better understand boy, i stopped you and this witch you so hate kept you from carrying out your revenge, so far you've cheated death twice, just finish your tea and go"Nojiko said getting up to get another cup herself.

"What would a kid like you be capable of doing anyway? Can you even hold a sword let alone fight with one? A death by chasing a meaningless revenge, what truly sad ending to such a short story as one a kid like you has"i muttered before taking another sip "Whoa, that's morbid" Usopp muttered "But true, if he wants to kill himself so be it, he doesn't have what it takes to suffer for revenge"Nojiko said.

"What?"Usopp asked "It takes time, i suffer as well, revenge is not an easy path for one to carve out and to die just because you're too foolish to be patient is nothing but a cowards plan"Nojiko said "W-what do you want from me?I can't stand the way i feel but i don't know what else i can do"the kid cried "You still have a mother right?"i asked, the kid nodded sniffing "She must be worried sick, better go home kid"Nojiko said, "Okay"The kid nodded before leaving.

Usopp laughed a bit "You're not too bad"he said grinning a bit, i flicked his nose "Shut up"i told him "Alright it's time you told me why you're in our village"Nojiko said "Oh right, my name is captain Usopp"he said, i rolled my eyes "He's not actually the captain of our ship"i cut in, Usopp glared at me a bit "We're here to look for a girl named Nami"i said "Nami?"Nojiko asked surprised "You know her?"Usopp asked.

"She's a part of the Arlong crew"Nojiko said "No way! She's a part of the Arlong crew?!"Usopp asked shocked, me not so much, something smelled fishy here, call it instinct or whatever but i could tell there was more to it "Seems that way, everyone here knows that cow, even the little boy, it gets better though that cow is my sister, we grew up here"Nojiko said walking over to a picture frame with a photo in it.

"Well technically she's my adopted sister since we were both orphaned but a sister's a sister you know what i mean?"Nojiko asked picking up the framed picture, i nodded, though not from personal experience i knew what she was getting at "I don't believe it"Usopp muttered looking around "Nami's house?"he asked "It's mine too we were raised together in this house she's the closest thing i have to family since our foster mother died, the three of us used to be so happy living here"Nojiko said.

"So you're telling me Nami betrayed her mother and her sister just to be a part of Arlong's crew?"Usopp asked "I think you're jumping the gun Usopp, she's not telling the whole story"i said, Nojiko giggled a bit "You got me"she said, then Usopp gasped "I just remembered a shipmate of mine got taken prisoner before we got here"he said, i bonked him on the head "Only because you left him on the boat to hide from fishmen like the pathetic coward you are!Not to mention you dragged me off with you! You're lucky i'm more level headed or i'd be storming Arlong Park right now!"i said "Sorry!"Usopp cried cradling his head.

~meanwhile~

~Third~

Zoro was being held captive by the Arlong pirates but you know what happens here he jumps in the water Nami saves him, he gets punched in the gut then a fishman runs over and reports "This guy didn't come here alone there was another weird looking long nosed fellow and a girl with black hair but they got away"the fishman said 'Usopp what the hell you leave me for dead and get spotted anyway? At least it sounds like Nicole is alright, that's a relief' Zoro thought "I think they escaped to Cocoyashi village"the fishman added "Cocoyashi huh? That's perfect now i have two reasons to go, it's time to go have some fun"Arlong smirked.

~Nicole~

We heard Arlong was coming to town and went to have a look with Nojiko "That's him?"Usopp asked shocked just to see the fishman, i wasn't impressed but i also wasn't about to underestimate him, "I'm responsible for twenty towns and villages including this one and as your leader i cannot tolerate even a little rebelliousness, wiping out Goza was a small example of what can happen if you don't do as you're told, tribute money must be paid no matter what" Arlong said.

"What tribute money?"Usopp asked "It's just as it sounds like, money we pay to stay alive, adults and children if there's even a single person who can't pay then what happened to Goza will happen to everyone in this village as well, our town and the people in it will be wiped from existence"Nojiko said

I glared at Arlong's back, the way he treated this whole island, just "Unforgivable"i muttered outloud cracking the side of the building we were hiding behind, Usopp gulped a bit as anger rolled off my back in visible waves "H-he destroyed an entire village because of one person?"he asked trying to ignore the ticking bomb that was me "That's how Arlong rules, to them we're nothing but a sub species so killing us has always been easy"Nojiko said.

"You pathetic humans need to stop thinking, it's your greatest weakness, i'm allowing you to contribute into greatness here, soon fishmen will conquer the humans and your tribute will be a small part of the beginning of the glorious Arlong empire!"Arlong yelled.

"Arlong empire? He's going to take over the East Blue?"Usopp asked "Sounds to me like he's planning to take over the whole world"i said having calmed down, only slightly, i need to think of a plan, as much as i'd love to i can't just go around swinging my swords around with all those people around.

We watched as Arlong grabbed the man he had been talking to "Genzo!"Nojiko called, so she knows him "The possession of weapons is a clear affront to my authority as an example to any would be rebels in this town i'm going to kill you right now so they can see the fate that awaits them"Arlong said, Usopp gasped "No way that guy is insane, he's going to kill someone for having weapons"he said "He's no man or a fishman, his type are just straight up monsters"i growled shattering the corner even further.

"I won't let him"Nojiko said running out "Hey wait don't go out there!"Usopp called, "Tsk, come on Usopp we gotta do something"i said going elsewhere "Right, what's the plan?"Usopp asked "You get on the roof of one of these buildings and distract the fishmen with your snipping, get them away from the crowd, then i'll step in"i said "Got it"Usopp nodded and started to climb to the roof a building.

I hid behind the one next to it and waited for my chance, the plan went just as i had hoped Arlong stepped out of the crowd walking over to the building, i jumped out cutting a line in the ground and stood in front of the building my swords drawn and my gaze steeled "Not another step closer to my crew mate!"i said "Arlong that's the girl i told you about!"one of the fishmen called "You're a human what can you do against me?!"Arlong yelled coming to attack again but i blocked him and managed to hold him back "I can slice you into sushi"i said glaring at him.

Arlong growled "You are not a threat to me!"he yelled grabbing my throat and throwing me to the side before going and flipping the house, Usopp was fine though and ran off as the fishmen chased him "Usopp!"i called running after him and the fishmen.