Chapter Sixty Eight ~Upper Yard

~Third~

"Nami would you pick up the pace i'm growing grey hairs back here"Zoro said, the group was currently using a tree branch to cross the river, Robin leading the pack, Nami behind her slugging it as she tried not to fall from the branch into the shark infested river below, Zoro and Nicole bringing up the rear.

"Shut it you're distracting me, what if i slip and fall huh? I'll be dead and then how would you feel?"Nami asked "I imagine he'd be glad to get rid of a whiny brat like you, look it helps if you watch where you're going"Nicole said walking past Nami having enough of her slow pace crossing the branch.

Just then a sky shark jumped out of the river, Nami slipped and fell but Robin caught her with her powers while Zoro took care of the shark before Nicole could "Sorry for being such a pain, thanks for grabbing me"Nami said climbing back up on the tree branch.

"No problem"Robin said and noticed something across the river "What is it no more monsters i hope"Zoro said tired of having to deal with them "It looks like a well"Robin said "A well?"Nami asked, the group went over to it with Robin leading the way again.

~skip~

"Wonder what crawled into her nap sack? Wonder on ahead like that it's immature is what it is" Zoro said "If this is a thinly veiled attempt to call me childish at least have to courtesy of saying it to my face, like Nicole"Nami said "Yes but i also say it straightforwardly, you are not just childish you're a down right brat"Nicole said earning a glare but she didn't care.

~skip~

"Could a well really be that interesting?"Zoro asked as Robin collected something from the bottom of said well with her powers "Yes don't you think it would odd for a well to stuck under a tree?"Robin asked "Well obviously the tree grew over it in the course of who knows how many years"Nicole said.

"Exactly the balance of nature and civilisation is off"Robin said "Well unless we find a way to cross this cloud river we'll be stuck in this forest and we're still nowhere near where we wanna be"Zoro said "It's like the people who built this didn't know the tree would grow to be so large i've never seen anything like it"Robin said.

"Hey Nami can you see anything up there?!"Zoro called to Nami who had climbed up a tree to have a look around with binoculars "Nami say something would ya?! What do you see?! Hey can you hear me?!"Zoro called "What do you think she sees up there?"Robin asked "Whatever it is has her speechless it seems"Nicole said.

~skip~

The group continued this time Nami lead the way, they heard an explosion in the distance "Uh guys?"Nami asked "That sounded like an explosion"Zoro said "I thought i heard some earlier but this one seemed bigger"Robin said "There's a large group of people approaching the island, they seem angry"Nicole muttered "Well either way we have to keep moving forward"Nami said.

"Are you in some kind of hurry Nami?"Zoro asked "You've been acting odd for sometime"Robin said "Did you see something from the tree?"Nicole asked "Please tell me it wasn't god"Zoro said "It wasn't if i explained it you still wouldn't understand"Nami said slipping on some moss growing on a tree but she caught herself.

"This is stupid why can't i just stay on my feet?"Nami asked "You said we should go this way something about it being faster"Robin said "Enough with the mystery Nami tell us what you saw"Zoro said "Quit ordering me around and just do what i say we have to get to seashore"Nami said trying to get up but couldn't keep her balance.

"Would one of you please help me?!"Nami asked, Robin was way ahead on another branch already and Zoro was even further ahead on another branch with Nicole right next to him "You're the leader why don't you help yourself?"Zoro asked "The seashore?"Robin asked.

"Yes it's the only way we can get close enough to check this thing out"Nami said as Zoro swung across to another branch on a vine "Cause to be honest i won't believe what i saw until i see it up close"Nami said as Nicole swung across following Zoro "Me too, it's been bothering me for a while now"Robin said pulling Nami up with her powers "But i still can't prove anything yet" Robin muttered.

~skip~

"We're almost there i can hear the waves braking on the shore, listen"Robin said and indeed both Zoro and Nicole could also hear the waves as they crashed on shore "Yeah almost almost just a few more steps"Nami said looking like a woman possessed "Would you mind telling me what you saw?!"Zoro asked but was ignored "I guess we'll see soon enough for ourselves"Nicole said jumping to the root.

"On second thought i'm hearing more then just the tide rolling in, you?"Robin asked "Yeah it sounds like a charging army and some explosions thrown in for good measure, with any luck its a distraction from what we're doing"Zoro said.

"Or they're attacking our friends"Robin said "Neither, it seems like they have personal business"Nicole said "Your Haki?"Zoro asked following her, Nicole nodded "Haki?"Robin asked "It's kinda hard to explain, i can tell you later"Nicole said.

~skip~

"I wonder why she took off so fast?"Robin asked as the group was catching up to Nami "Figures sees what she wants and she's got no problems on her feet"Zoro said, the others got close enough to see what had Nami so interested "Speaks for itself pretty well, look at it, it's almost unreal and it's no fairy tale we've all seen what it belongs to"Nami said.

"This doesn't make any sense, why would this be here it looks exactly the same, it's like a copy"Zoro said "But it's not"Robin said "How do you figure?"Zoro asked "This is the other half of what we saw before"Robin said "Go on"Zoro said "It's like i suspected this was shot up here by the knock up stream"Nicole said "And here lies the answer to which island"Robin said.

What laid before them was the other half of Cricket's home, perfectly cut in half which meant this island was the other half of Jaya "This island used to be a part of Jaya"Nami said "So what that means is a few hundred years back the island below us was split in half and one side of it rose into the sky via knock up stream"Zoro said "Yeah, it's crazy to think, the power behind it must have been incredible"Nami said.

"The city of gold that Noland discovered on the ground didn't sink into the ocean like he guessed this part of Jaya, it's been floating in the sky for four hundred years"Nami said.