Chapter Thirty Nine ~ Arriving at Alabasta at last

~Nicole~

I was standing by Zoro as we docked at the shores of the desert island home to the Alabasta Kingdom, Vivi's home, near a town called Nanohana "So this is an Alabasta city?"Usopp asked "Is there food?"Luffy asked.

"Listen up guys i want you all to do your best to control yourselves while you're here"Nami said "Of course Nami!"Sanji said "You do realize the one that needs to hear that the most has already left the ship?"Zoro asked referring to Luffy who was running to the town at full speed yelling about meat.

"Get back here!"Nami fruitlessly yelled after him "He doesn't know the meaning of control" Usopp said "What now?"Vivi asked "He's easy to find just look to the area with commotion and that's where he'll be"Sanji said getting off the ship "He's right"Usopp said "Ugh i wish he'd at least remember he has a bounty on that rubbery head of his especially while we're in a big country like this"Nami said.

"Forget about Luffy he can take care of himself now let's go find some food and get to work after that"Zoro said climbing down the rope ladder "Yeah we can worry about Luffy later"i said following Zoro down as Chopper jumped down after us "They're all the same"i could hear Nami grumble.

"I guess i should let you know Karoo and i can't go with you, we're too recognisable"Vivi said "Makes sense"Zoro said "No worries"Sanji said "Yeah just sit tight for now, we'll get disguises or something"i said with a shrug , Karoo then squawked noticing Mr.3's ship in the distance "This isn't good cause he's seen most of our faces"Zoro said.

Usopp got a plan, to sneak into town under the cover of a blanket, honestly a totally ridiculous plan as it made us stand out even more as we all were crouching down and walking along under the blanket, which was hard enough because i could barely see and the blanker seemed to keep sticking to me in particular because of static electricity, i just focused trying not to trip.

Eventually we reached the ruins of a building and hid there of course once the blanket came off me it left my hair sticking out every which way, the others snickered a bit, even Zoro until i shut them up with a death glare and just finger combed my hair down, i noticed Vivi was spacing out for whatever reason until Sanji called to her "Uh yes? Sanji what were you saying?"she asked.

"What is it Vivi something wrong?"Sanji asked her "Sorry for that but i'm just really relieved now, if nothing else from what i've seen so far i know that at least this town is doing alright but i can't start exactly resting easy but it's a good sign"Vivi said as i finished straightening my hair "It does seem like a peaceful town"Nami said "Vivi you said you had a plan to stop the rebel army didn't you?"Zoro asked, Vivi nodded "Well what are you gonna do? What do we need to do to help? If you really wanna stop this thing it's better to act quickly"Zoro said.

"Well i agree with that but the only agreement i made was for you to bring me here to Alabasta"Vivi was cut off as Nami bonked her head "Quit it are you still thinking like that?"Nami asked her "Nami?" Vivi asked "We travelled this far together after all we're not gonna run away and leave you now"Nami said.

"Yeah Vivi come on, you're practically one of us now"Usopp said "Yeah you're our friend now, i'm sure Luffy would agree and friends help each other"i said "Besides i wanna see this warlord" Zoro said "You didn't need to bring that up"Nami said to him before turning to Vivi "Now listen we're not going to leave you"she said "They are trying to kill us too"Sanji said.

"Yes but"Vivi said "It's settled then"Sanji cut her off "Besides if this country gets destroyed we will be out of a big reward you understand?"Nami asked Vivi getting a dark look on her face "Yes"Vivi said "Okay good"Nami said now smiling, i sweatdropped a bit.

"A little north west of the city were in now is an oasis called Yuba, that's where the rebel army is based at the moment, i'd like to go there first and head off the rebellion but in order to get to Yuba we're going to need to get through the desert first we need all the necessary supplies to make it, we can find everything we need easily in this town but Mr.3 is somewhere out there waiting for us"Vivi said.

"If that guy's the only obstacle we shouldn't have a problem he's never seen my face before" Sanji said "Yeah you haven't run into many of the Baroque Works agents so far"Nami said "There's someone else too"Zoro said "That's right Chopper"Nami said "That'll be perfect we're gonna have a lot to carry that alright?"Sanji asked the little reindeer "Yeah i got it"Chopper said.

"I guess we're counting on you then"I said "You have nothing to worry about Nicole!"Sanji said with heart eyes, i sweatdropped a bit at him "Are you sure you'll be okay?"Usopp asked Chopper "Yeah i'm sure i want to do whatever i can to help out"Chopper said and turned to his regular reindeer form "I should blend in fine like this shouldn't i?"he asked "Alright now that's what i call a brave reindeer"Usopp said, Vivi gave Sanji a list of things we needed before he and Chopper left.

~skip~

"I absolutely refuse to wear this!"i yelled looking at the dancer outfit Sanji had gotten with a tick mark on my head "Come on Nicole, it's not like we have much of a choice"Nami said "I can't even put my swords anywhere"i grumbled "I can hold them for you dear Nicole!"i heard Sanji call "Thank you!"i called back and got dressed and pinned my hair up.

"Wow this is beautiful! Oh yeah i love it"Nami said once Vivi, her and myself were done changing, mine was pretty similar to both of their outfits only with a light peachy cape and completely white with light yellow and green details, i sighed a bit "I guess it's not that bad"i muttered, it wasn't like i was embarrassed to show some skin, it's the outfit that was kinda embarrassing, i happened to catch Zoro staring who quickly turned away blushing.

Oh this just got ten times better, i thought with a smirk but teasing him will have to come later "I know i asked you to pick up some clothes for us but these are meant for dancer girls"Vivi said to Sanji who quickly turned and had heart eyes "Oh Vivi your a vision"he said with a big grin "But commoners wouldn't wear this"Vivi said "But aren't dancers common?"Sanji asked "We're crossing a desert"Vivi said.

"Hey don't worry if you get tired i'll just carry you"Sanji said and laughed "This is pointless"Vivi said turning away from Sanji, i went over to Zoro "Like what you see?"i asked purposely using the already tight top to show off more of my cleavage, he blushed as he smirked "Maybe i do"he said "Oh you're good, too bad we have to get going, otherwise i wouldn't mind some"i leaned in and whispered to him "Alone time" Zoro went as stiff as a board, i giggled a bit and winked at him leaning back and going back over to the girls.

"At any rate at least we managed to gather all the supplies we need to cross the desert"Usopp said "Yeah"Vivi nodded "This oasis you said it's called Yuba right?"Nami asked "Yes that's correct but first we have to travel across the desert, that trip will likely be more difficult then any of you can begin to imagine, there's no telling what might happen out there, one wrong step in a desert land like this one and there's no guarantee that we'll survive, i'm still a little reluctant about asking you to follow me to such a dangerous place but more then anything i want to bring peace back to Alabasta kingdom so i guess i don't really have any choice back to ask, help me please help me bring peace back to my country, please help me"Vivi said.

"Well you finally said it, it's about time"Nami said giving her a thumbs up "There's no telling what might happen at sea either so we're used to it am i right?"Sanji asked "Yeah it'll be just like any other day"Zoro said "I can't wait to see the desert"Chopper said and Karoo squawked "Okay you guys are you ready to head to Yuba?"Usopp asked "Yeah!"we all said holding up our bandaged arm to the sky.