Chapter Forty Two ~ Desert

~Third~ (A/N: as i said last chapter i'm trying out a different style of what i'm used to so do forgive me if it sucks, also i expect chapters from now on to be quite long so bare with me if they take longer to upload, i like taking brakes every once in a while and let my fingers rest)

A groan echoed through the desert scaring off some lizard looking things as the shot pans in on our intrepid heroes, the straw hat pirates and their fearless captain Luffy "I'm burning up i don't think i can even sweat anymore"he whined "Will you please spear us the melodramatics Luffy you're only gonna wear yourself out"Nami said and Luffy only groaned in response "Gee i guess he's not listening"Nami said, behind her Zoro and Nicole were walking together, Zoro dragging a practically unconscious Chopper behind them on a piece of wood.

"Can't go on can't take hot weather, i'm fine in cold weather"Chopper said "It's because of that fur why don't you take off that stupid reindeer costume"Usopp said walking beside the reindeer who got ticked by the remark "What did you just say to me big nose?!"he yelled turning to his heavy point form "Don't make fun of reindeer's!"Chopper yelled at Usopp who yelled monster in return, Nicole pulled on Usopp's nose and grabbed Chopper by his antlers and banged their heads together "Knock it off!"she said.

"But Nicole"Chopper whined "No buts! No turn small or you're not getting a ride! As for you Usopp apologise to Chopper!"she yelled at them and caught Ace's eye as he walked by them, "Fine"Chopper grumbled turning small "Sorry"Usopp grumbled to Chopper.

"Hey the desert doesn't seem to bother you much Vivi"Sanji said "Well i was born and raised in this country so i guess you could say i'm used to it"Vivi said "So what's with all these hills? I was expecting a desert to be more flat"Usopp managed to say between pants "Dune, Usopp, the proper term is dune"Nicole corrected him, he growled at her "Smarty pants"he grumbled 

"This is a very old desert some of the sand dunes here are over nine hundred feet high"Vivi said "Nine hundred feet? That's huh that's a mountain"Usopp said "Ugh water"Luffy whined "Just one drink, one mouth full"Nami told him, of course Luffy used his rubber powers to fill his mouth to an enormous size "Don't drink so much!"Nami yelled bonking Luffy on his head making him spit out the water "Idiot you better save some of that for Usopp!"he yelled "Hold on you just had some i'm next gimme that!"Sanji yelled and they got into a fight.

"Stop it you guys you're only going to wear yourselves out if you keep it up"Vivi said but she was ignored, as night fell the group made camp by some rocks and made a fire which Ace kindly lit with his flame flame fruit abilities "I'm so hungry"Luffy whined "Don't be such a greedy pig it's still raw"Sanji said but Luffy ate it anyway "Don't eat that!"Sanji yelled at him "You're dinner will be ready in just a minute Nami"Sanji said.

As the others were waiting for the food the cook or fooling around like Luffy, Nicole approached Ace who was sitting by the side "Alright how is it that i always catch you staring at me? Maybe you've fallen for me?"she asked with a smirk sitting across from him, he chuckled a bit "It's not like that, it's just your eyes remind me of someone"he said.

"Ah i'm not surprised if you've met him, he does get around quite a bit"Nicole said "Tell me, what is your relationship to him? It sounds like you know him quite well"Ace said "By your tone it sounds like you know him quite well too"Nicole said "No i just met him a couple of times"Ace said "Alright alright, but it's a bit of a secret, see i don't wanna ride his coat tails, i want to from my own fame so it's not something i like to go screaming from the top of mountains, though i bet he would if there was no one else around"Nicole said.

"I won't tell anyone"Ace said, Nicole hummed a bit looking at him "I suppose i can trust you as my captains brother, my full name is Nicole Mihawk, the man known as Hawkeye is my father" she told him expecting a surprised reaction but nope "You don't seem too surprised"she said "Honestly no, the resemblance is uncanny if one has met Hawkeye and you"Ace said "True that, especially around the eyes, am i right?"Nicole smirked "Yeah"Ace smirked too.

Book One: Treasure of the Heart (Zoro X OC)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara