Chapter One Hundred Twenty Two ~ The Past

The day was a beautiful one, fluffy clouds drifting in the sky, a gentle breeze on the wind and calm waves splashing against the side of a boat.

A man slept on that boat taking full advantage of the beautiful day, his hat over his eyes and arms crossed over the back of his head.

Then the peaceful lull was broken, by a thud on the side of the boat.

The man woke up and had a look, a plank of wood had drifted by and soon more debris followed, looking ahead the man saw what had to be the flaming remains of a ship.

He couldn't tell what had happened nor did he really care, more over there didn't seem to be any survivors.

Just as he was about to give up looking he spotted someone clinging to a piece of wood and their grip slipping and then going under the surface.

Diving in he grabbed the person and swam back up and over to his boat holding onto them tightly.

Safely on his boat the man got a good look at the person he had just saved from drowning.

She was the most beautiful being he had ever seen, to most she might have seemed ordinary, average even, but this woman was absolutely gorgeous to him.

Her hair was a shade of dark blue, darker then the deepest abyss, he could barely see it but it was clearly there, her clothes were white with green and blue accents around the sleeves that looked like waves, he had never seen anything like it, she wore black pants and was barefoot, her footwear had probably slipped off and sunken into the water.

What intrigued him most however were the two swords at her hip and the pin tangled in her hair, he reached for the pin to have a closer look when the woman suddenly started coughing up water and he recoiled.

As the woman panted catching her breath he reached out again, he had barely even touched her shoulder before the woman had recoiled and drawn out one of her blades and attacked.

Of course as they were in a small boat her quick movements had caused it to capsize.

The two breached the surface shortly after and neither couldn't help but laugh at what had just happened, they got the boat back upright and climbed in.

"Sorry for jumping at ya like that" the woman said squeezing water out of her blue hair, strangely he could see the blue better with it wet, her accent was strange but her voice was sweet and easy to listen to.

"No, it's alright, anyone would if a stranger tried to grab them" the man said shaking off water from his coat.

"Then let's not be strangers yeah? My name's Shimotsuki Kiyomi and you are?" she asked trailing off looking at him expectantly with her bright lilac colored eyes.

"Dracule Mihawk" he simply said slightly taken a back by Kiyomi's beautiful and unique eyes looking right at her with his equally unique yellow eyes.

And that is how Dracule Mihawk met Shimotsuki Kiyomi.

And four years after the execution of the Pirate King Gold Roger, they would have a child and named her Nicole Mihawk.

~Years Later~

"Where are we going this time papa?" asked the curious seven year old swaying on the side of a coffin shaped boat, her wide golden yellow eyes scanning the horizon with wonder and innocence as her almost jet black hair swayed with the wind and her movement.

"You'll see soon" chuckled the smooth baritone of her father sitting at the center of the boat steering it along with the wind his keen eyes that matched his daughters watching her carefully.