Chapter Ninety Nine ~ Gentleman Skeleton Brook

~Third~

The crew made in back on the Sunny with the skeleton in toe "It's such a pleasure to meet you, hello and good day to you all as of today i'll be joining you on this ship as the newest crew member, once dead and all bones my name is Brook and i do hope we can get along"Brook said.

Usopp decked out in a full set of anti ghost stuff "Remove yourself from the ship you fiend submit to the holy power that i wield, evil be gone! Evil be gone!"he said making Brook back off Chopper cheered him on "Where is this evil creature i can't see it"Brook said "It's you stupid!" Usopp and Chopper yelled at him.

"Damn it there's no way a walking talking afro sporting skeleton could exist, this must be a dream i just need to wake up"Usopp said "Oh it's a dream? What a relief"Chopper sighed in relief falling back onto the grass only to wake up with Brooks face in his face "That's enough! What is this thing and why is it on our ship?!"Zoro asked.

"That's our new crew member isn't he funny?"Luffy asked a carefree grin on his face "Who cares! It's not joining our crew! This is exactly why i wanted you to go with him! What the hell happened?! Were you just picking your noses while he brought a skeleton back to the ship?!" Zoro asked yelling at Nicole and Sanji.

"Don't you dare blame this on me! It just sorta happened!"Nicole yelled back "Now now let's be civil everyone why don't we go inside? You can treat me to dinner"Brook said "You don't get to decide that!"Sanji, Zoro and Nicole yelled at the skeleton, Luffy just laughed "I love this guy"he said.

The Strawhats went inside to the dining room while Sanji was cooking in the kitchen "What a spacious dining room you've got and such a splendid kitchen a magnificent ship if i've ever seen one, yohohohoho!"Brook said "Yep"Luffy grinned "Of course it is it's the most super ship i've ever made, those sockets are empty but you gotta good eye for quality"Franky said.

"Speaking of quality i can't wait to try out your cooking since i've been stuck on that dreary ghost ship it's been decades since i've eaten a proper meal, i felt my stomach shrink and shrink until i couldn't tell the back of my belly from the front of my back anymore that was the sort of miserable life i've lead and let me tell you that's saying a lot seeing as skeletons don't even have a proper back or stomach, yohohohoho!"Brook laughed.

"Oh by the way skeleton"Luffy said "Sorry but my name is Brook, ah but that reminds me, i know this is rube but i don't believe i ever caught your name"Brook said "Oh me? My name is Luffy, so anyway what are you?"he asked "You invited him to join the crew and you just now ask him that?!"Zoro asked.

"Okay foods ready"Sanji said serving the food and the Strawhats got to eating and Brook explained he's the way he is cause he ate a devil fruit "The revive revive fruit?"Nami asked "So it was a devil fruit after all"Franky said "Really though what else did you expect it to be?"Nicole asked.

"It's a complicated tale the truth of the matter is i actually did die many years ago, the revive revive fruit allows a person to be reanimated after they've died, even among devil fruits the ability to live two lives is indeed quite strange"Brook said "So you're a revive man"Luffy said sparkles in his eyes.

"Then you're not immortal, it's more like you died once and came back to life"Franky said "In short yes, as i said it's complicated but during my first life if you will i was a pirate just like you" Brook said "That explains the ship"Luffy said.

"That it does, a long time ago i was sailing with the rest of my crew through these accursed waters now for the record i had flesh and blood like everyone else back then, at any rate we had the misfortune of running afoul a very powerful enemy, soon the entire crew met it's demise of course that included me as well, when i was alive the revive revive fruit did precious little other then rob me of my ability to swim but on that fateful day it's true power awakened as i laid dead"Brook said.