Chapter 3

"So you think I am good looking then?" the doctor ask the now red face of Copter, trying to hide his embarrassment which the doctor find cute. He watches the face of Copter for some time and smile while saying, "See you around Copter." and winked, before he left. Copter was shocked by the doctor action, forgetting Preeda is still there with him. "Am I forgotten? Really Copter? That fast?" Preeda's question taking Copter out of his own world, and he recovered fast. "Sorry. How would you know my name? And even the doctor knew it." Preeda just smile. "Well, you were blacked out on me after a few minutes of driving out from that place. You scared the shit out of me Copter. I thought you were dead, I was crying so hard when I'm arrived at home. Luckily the police was fast calling the ambulance for you, since they were already at my house trying to locate me with my brother. My brother were waiting for you to wakes up, but then you were taking your sweet time dreaming when my brother had to attend business meeting out of country. He will come back after three days. Well, to answer your questions, we knew your name from your wallet. You have your ID there."

'So, they put my wallet on me before leaving me?' Copter thought. "Copter, are you okay?" Once again he startled. "Yes! I'm okay." Copter replied with a little bit higher pitch, but he recovered fast after that. "The police will come shortly. Are you sure you okay to meet them?" Copter nod his head yes. Shortly after, there are two policemen, with a casual clothes come close and introduce themselves. "I will let both of you question Copter, and I....." Preeda doesn't finish her sentence yet, but Copter cut her halfway. "No!" He sounded almost yelling, but it wasn't that loud to called yelling. But still, Preeda startled by it. "Please, don't leave me alone with them." Copter begging her to stay for he doesn't really feel comfortable stays alone with them. He kind of remembers his dad and brothers when he looked at both of them. Slightly confused with Copter's action, the policemen allowed Preeda to stay near while they asked a few questions to Copter.

"Copter, can you tell us what were you doing there at the lake at that time?" Copter looked at both of the policeman and Preeda alternately and finally looking down at both of his hands, which right now shaking and sweat slightly. "I was beaten up and dumped there after unconsciously. I just waking up less than half hour, I guess, since I don't have watch with me, when I see a car approaching. I know, whatever reason the car been there at that hour, it wasn't good, so I hide myself. When I saw her tied with eyes closed, I'm looking around for something I can use as weapon. I found a rock, good enough for me to throw it and a stick, out of dead wood hard enough to knock them out. When I'm approaching them slowly, without they realize, did I only saw what they were trying to do." Copter explaining everything while looking down the hands the whole time.

"What were they trying to do?" Ask the same officer. Copter took a deep breath then exhales. "They were pointing a gun at the back head of her, ready to shoot. So I throw the rock, hitting the hand of the guy holding the gun, then I hit the other guy with the stick, then hitting the other guy too. Only then, I let go all the rope tiding her, and she knew all the stories after that." Said Copter, still looking down. "Do you even realize, the rock you are using are actually having sharp edges that it even hurts your own hands?" the other officer now asking question. "That explain the wounds on my hands. No, I don't. I was trying to figure out where the wounds are coming from, since I don't think I had it when I have been beaten." Once Copter finished his words, Preeda come closer to him, and hold his hand. "Copter, who beat you up?"

Copter was lying down on the hospital bed, thinking. It's been two days he had wake up and Preeda would come visit him everyday with foods and fruits. He remember the doctor gave him permission to discharge from the hospital tomorrow. 'Where should he go? What should he do?' he doesn't know anything anymore. When Preeda ask him that evening, he couldn't answer her. He doesn't know why, but he doesn't say anything about 'his family'. It traumatizes him every time he thinks about them. He tried to remember all the good things, but 6 years wasn't a short time. He suffered alone, with no one to turn to. Not enough with all the chores, sometimes he had to be their punching bag every time something happens, and his father will care less. He had to endure pain while keep working. No matter what happens, he had to keep doing all the chores, healthy or not, they all will care less.

Suddenly Copter felt something soft touching his side of the face, startled him making him sit up from his position. "Doctor." He says. "Why are you crying? Feeling hurt anywhere?" The familiar Dr. Itthipat is standing right beside him while holding a tissue he used to wipe Copter tears just now. Tears which Copter didn't realize falling down on the side on his face and a doctor who Copter didn't aware of his existence beside him until now. "I was standing here 5 minutes waiting for you to turn around and look at me; instead you showed me your tears. It's not good to keep things inside Copter." He wasn't really trying, but the doctor really hopes Copter will open up to anyone. He heard about that day, about his side of the story. He, too, really frustrated with Copter answer and decision to keep quiet about those who beat him up.

He is the one who treated Copter's wound. But he can see all the traces of the old wound on Copter's body alongside the new wound he got. Seeing his body state, he can guess how much the guy suffer. When he is still unconscious, the police try to locate Copter's family to inform them about him, but they don't have any information about his family. In fact, there were no information coming up at all when searching his information using his ID. So, they wait for him to recover to get the information from him, but then all they got is silent. Preeda had to go back early, since she still studying and having an exam tomorrow. So, that is why he is here, to look after him, but then be greeted by tears filled eyes Copter version. "I'm not hurting and I'm fine doctor. Thank you." Said Copter, while trying hard to smile. "No, thank you. I don't have a chance earlier, but I do really want to thank you because you had saved Preeda. She is like a sister to me, and she is the sister of my best friend. If not because of you, I guess they will kill her already, after taking the ransom money."

"You guys should stop saying that to me. I'm too really glad Preeda could be safe, or else, I would be adding my list of trauma, this time I would never think I could ever recover if Preeda died in front of me. So, I did it for myself too. And I am happy that could make everyone happy too." Answer Copter. Actually, he doesn't know how to react every time people thanking him, but one or two time might not be a problem, but then, if it happens so much like this, he doesn't really know what to do. "If you say so. So, Copter, where do you live? You can discharge from the hospital tomorrow and my friend wants me to make sure you arrived at your place safely. So, I will be sending you off tomorrow."

End of chapter 3