Chapter 35

They were in a deserted building. It wasn't really a high-tech, but it was full of CCTV around it, with a movement detector. Nobody knew this building ever existed. From the road, this area just looks like a small forest, even a road leading to it was covered by thick bush. Even though it's been years Arun came to this place, he remembered everything like it was yesterday. He might be old, but his memory doesn't. Everything that happened on that day was still vivid and clear to him.

They were all in a room, with a long table, just like a meeting room in an office. Arun and Teerasak were in front, on the right side were Kimmon and Copter, Suthee and Preeda, and at the other end was Wuttichai and Krit, who was joining them later, on their way of coming here. Tae, Tee, Bas, and Itthipat were on the left side.

Bas: "Dad, you make us curious. What is this place and why it even existed in the first place?"

Arun: "I will explain everything. But, first, I want to know, Mr. Kimmon, what information have you gathered so far? I was told that you were hired P.I to investigate Mr. Copter's background?"

Now, everybody was looking at Kimmon with an unreadable expression, except for Tae and Suthee. Kimmon was panic and turn his head to Copter. Copter was disappointed, but not that shocked. He was thinking about Kimmon and his mother and was comparing those two. He wanted to be understanding for this kind of situation, after what Kimmon would tell him at the mansion before, but he can't help but disappointed not to them but to himself. He wasn't strong enough for them to believe in him, and he was letting out a sigh.

Kimmon: "Hei, I'm not telling you not because of anything, it was because I wasn't sure of anything. We've been working on it, but nothing's come out. It was the same thing I said before. There were no records of Copter anywhere, and we've been trying to trace back his mother's movement before she was married, and nothing's come out either."

Arun: "Well, Alisa really good at keeping track. If she wasn't, sorry to say this, but Mr. Copter could have died long before. Anyway, Mr. Kimmon I'm sorry for keeping this secret from you, but this was your parents' request not to involve you. But now, I guess it was impossible to avoid that. This building was built by your parents. It was all started at a party on Miss Warunya's 18th birthday. They were overheard, actually, your mother Mrs. Kwan has overheard the maid gossiping that her best friend, Pim Kherdtongtavee who was supposed living abroad were killed along with her son. They were gossiping how much the girls act despite being rich because her father had killed the sole heir of Kherdtongtavee. Her son was the sole heir of Kherdtongtavee, the real power of the main family, the company was attached to.

She wasn't believe it at first. Of course it was only the gossip between the maids. But then from that night she was trying to contact her for over two weeks when she decides to visit her friend. She was heartbroken when she learned her friend had died, killed together with her son. She wanted to make things right. She couldn't help her friend but she wanted the Chartpong to pay for their deeds. Your mother was determined to put those people who killed her friend down with her own hands. Knowing your father, of course he will always support everything your mother did. So your father built this building for our base to investigate and discuss things. It was really hard to trace the killer back to Chartpong. We could have led here and there, but not hard evidence.

The day your parents died, we actually had a lead to a girl named Alisa. But on the way to this building, we got ambush, so we took a detour from this road to another road that leads to the other jungle. But we met with the dead end. We didn't prepared any gun for this kind of situation, so, your father had pushed me down from the car to the bushes, and I only could watch them being shot to death."

Arun was stopped for a while, wiping his tears. Preeda was a crying mess while Suthee keep trying to keep her calm, and Kimmon was trying hard to suppress his anger while Copter would hold his hands hard and never let go.