Chapter 6

It's past midnight when a luxurious car approaches the lobby of the mansion. Bas ready by the door waiting for his master arrival, effectively loyal to his master. Beside him are the two maids, Nok and Jingjo, who currently standing side by side. Once arrive, Kimmon coming out of the car, Bas welcome his master and taking the suitcase on his hand and the maid assist the driver by taking out the entire luggage. "Where is Copter?" Ask Kimmon. "He is already sleeping in his room sir. He was very tired today playing with Mike and Star all day today. But......" The unfinished sentenced of Bas making Kim stopped his step and turn his head to Bas direction. "Why?" He asked, demanding. "Mr. Copter was sleeping on the floor, without pillows and blanket. I tried to persuade him to sleep on the bed, or at least using the pillows or the blanket, but he insists to sleep that way." Explained Bas. "It's okay. You can go and rest. Ask them to rest too. Thank you Bas. I'll take care of him."

Kimmon open the door of Copter's room and true enough, Copter really is sleeping on the floor without anything. He was hugging his own knee to his stomach fighting the cold. He heard this from Bas, but then when he saw it with his own eyes, it was really heartbreaking, and why would he do this? He walked in slowly and silently and even though the air conditioner is turned off, the midnight air is cold enough. He put his hand under the neck of Copter and his left hand under his knee, he put him up bridal style slowly, but then not slowly enough when he saw Copter's eyes flip open. Copter is shocked, but then Kimmon's feet reflex is good enough to stabilize him so that he won't drop Copter down the floor. Copter's blinked his eyes few times. But when his body contact the bed only he realize what was happening, and he dragging his body to the edge of the bed, hugging his knee, afraid of the person in front of him.

"I'm sorry I awake you from your sleep. Copter, I'm Kimmon. I just arrived and I came to check on you when I saw you sleeping on the floor. I'm afraid you will catch cold, so, I was trying to get you to sleep on the bed without waking you up. I'm sorry if I'm startling you." Said Kimmon as softly as possible trying not to scare the little man, when he is already in shocked state. "I don't know you were a light sleeper. Sorry?" Copter just staring at Kimmon without any replied making the big guy a little bit anxious. "You are not going to beat me?" Copter's question make Kimmon shocked and speechless. Beat? "Copter, why would I want to beat you up?" hearing the question make Copter realize he was asking the wrong question to the wrong person. It wasn't the house. That man is not one of his brothers. He was having a nightmare. He thought he was still at the house when apparently he is not.

"Copter, I would never beat you up, okay. You are safe here with me. Don't worry, and just sleep okay. It's late, you need to rest. And please, sleep on the bed." Kimmon try to persuade Copter to sleep and rest. Slowly, Copter is listening to Kimmon and he got into the blanket, lay down comfortably. Looking at Copter lying on the bed comfortably, Kimmon smiled and turning around to get out from the room and he turn off the light. "No!!!" Copter's yelling force him to turn the lights back on. "Please, do not turn off the lights." Begging Copter almost crying making Kimmon concerned and make him coming near to Copter, sitting beside him on the bed. "Hei, hei, it's okay. I will not turn the lights off. Ever. Okay. So, just sleep. I'll stay here for a while if you want me to."

When he is sure enough Copter falling asleep again, Kimmon getting out from the room and closing the door. He walked to his room just beside Copter's room, he went straight to his bed and sit on it. He should wash up, and rest and sleep. But then his mind is full of Copter. It was really hectic, chaos when Preeda got kidnapped. The panic and frighten he felt at that time was understatement. His lost, thinking he will lose his sister too. The kidnapper demands a huge sum of money, and he complied with it. He followed all the instructions given hoping they would keep their promise, but the kidnapper refused giving back Preeda. He felt worthless and useless. If anything happen to Preeda, he will die with her. Preeda is his world. He doesn't have anyone else except for Preeda. He did everything to save her. He used everyone he can, the police force, special force even the P.I, but still the kidnapper got away brought Preeda together with them as a life line.

He was losing hope, giving up, not knowing what else to do so he can save his sister. But when Preeda gets home by her own, he was shocked, happy, thankful and relieved. He was really happy. But then when her sister coming out from the car, crying, begging him to save the man who save her, he gladly did it. So, he is the one open the door of the passenger side, he took him out from the car bridal style and was shocked of how light this guy is, and putting him down on the floor to give first aid before the ambulance arrived. There are so many wounds on his body, new and old, really heartbreaking to see, yet he felt really thankful to the little guy, promising himself, that he would do whatever it takes to make sure the guy is safe. That little guy is a stranger; happen to save his sister, but then he felt thousands of emotion just for a stranger, and a guy on top of that. Putting aside the turmoil he had inside him, he focused on everything he should do to save the guy, calling his best friend, to look after him.

When he heard Preeda story, he knows it doesn't match all the wounds on the guy's body. Since then, he keep wondering what had happened to the little guy. At first, he was afraid the little guy was one of the kidnapper, or maybe an accomplice, so he had people investigate him with the little information he had on him. The result of the investigation turns out weird, when they say he is alive but he is not existed, except for the fact he was born in Chiang Mai, thus the address on the ID, they got nothing else. No school, no hospital records, nothing. Since then, he keeps wondering about the little guy, curious to know about him. When he wakes up, he expected answer, at least on those who gave him all the wounds on his body, but then, he keep silent about it. Nobody can persuade him to give the answer.

When Copter being honest about no place to live, he actually expect as much. That's why he had asked beforehand to Preeda about taking Copter in living in the mansion and Preeda was actually really excited about the idea, since Copter is the one saving her. All the things he heard from Itthipat and Bas, just make him wonder more. And what he witness earlier, really keep adding up on his questions of the mystery of Copter. 'What happen to you Copter? Who are you? What have you been through before you got here?' He doesn't planning on letting him go. He felt the urge of protecting the little guy. He will make sure; no one will hurt him anymore. 'Copter, I will make you happy living here. This is your home from now. Your place is here, in this home, with me. With me?'

End of Chapter 6