Chapter 10

Copter's shot his eyes open. It was 10.30 in the morning and he supposed to start working for today. 'Shoot!!! Stupid Copter!!! You should remember who you are, you shouldn't be so comfortable. What will P'Kim say? Oh my!!!' Copter hurried his morning routine and he hurried out, just to welcome by Nok and Jingjo at the dining table with a message. "Mr. Kimmon ask Mr. Copter to rest at home today. Mr. Kimmon will check on Mr. Copter at lunch, and also to have lunch together with Mr. Copter." Hearing the message, Copter sighed. Disappointed with himself for waking up late, Copter didn't have any appetite for late breakfast. He was the one eager to ask for a job, but then he failed miserably on the first day of the job! Stupid Copter!

He was heading to the backyard, to Mike and Star, surprisingly, just like the two dogs understand his mood, instead of pouncing him and licking him, they were coming near to Copter and each dog seat side by side with Copter, staring at nothing. Copter's mind is blank, he didn't know what to say, or think. He just really frustrated to the point he can't do anything, but to condemn himself for a stupid mistake. Back of the day, if he did mistake like this, he would get beaten up to death, but even death itself hates him. What surprising him more, he wished P'Kim would beat him up, because he think he deserves it, for forgetting who he is. For being so comfortable with all the attention P'Kim is giving him. He feels like he took P'Kim for granted, when all the guy did, is helping him.

For two and a half hour, the three of them, Copter, Mike and Star, did nothing but seating there staring at nothing. Copter is taking out from his reverie, when he heard Kimmon's voice behind him. "Hei, I heard from Nok, you are not eating anything. Are you okay, Cop?" Copter turns around and facing Kimmon, the two dogs too, approach Kimmon and rubbing their head on Kimmon's foot. Kimmon down on his knees and patted on the head of both dogs and asked them to leave him and Copter alone. Copter didn't answer Kimmon as he felt ashamed of himself and afraid to face Kimmon for his stupid mistake. All he did just looking down on his foot.

Looking how Copter reacts, Kimmon come close to him. Both his hand cup Copter's chinned and push his face up, so that Copter can look at his face. "What happened? Are you hurt anywhere?" Ask Kimmon, worried about Copter. And how Copter reacts doesn't help but to make him more worried than he is already. "I'm sorry." That's all coming out of Copter's mouth with watery eyes. He can't help but feel ashamed and disappointed. "Hei, hei, why are you saying sorry. Please don't cry na, I hate it when you cry. Please, talk to me na Copter. Why are you crying?" Kimmon try to make Copter talk. One of these days, Copter should know how to talk his thought out, instead of keeping it in. That's the only way for him to be better.

"You should beat me up, P'Kim. It was a stupid mistake to sleep in on the first day of job, and I did just that. I deserve to be punished, P'Kim." Kimmon shocked hearing what coming out of Copter's mouth. "Why would I beat you up? I didn't say anything about you start work today, right. So officially it stills your unemployed day, so it's okay to sleep in. And even if you did any mistake, beat up is not an option. I will punish you in a lot of ways, but then beating up people was never on the list. Do you understand?" Kimmon explained so Copter could understand that beating up should never be an option. Copter hesitantly nods his head, but he can't imagine other ways of punishment, except for beat up. Once finished his words, and make sure Copter understands it, Kimmon pull Copter in a tight hug, trying to calm Copter down, again. 'Was that how you live all this time Copter? Got beaten up for a small mistake? Just how much you suffer, Copter? Was that the reason why you cried last night? Did you even remember you cried last night?'

"Let's have lunch. It's late. I don't want you to fall sick again Copter. So, you have to eat, okay?" Kimmon said once he broke the hugs. Copter just nods his head and followed Kimmon to the dining room and they took a seat opposite to each other. Nok and Jingjo were glad seeing Copter and Kimmon in the dining area and serve them right away once they seated. The lunch is a quiet one. Actually, Kimmon doesn't like talking while having a meal, a habit he picked just these few years and Copter was naturally a person with few words, being alone with no one to talk to for 6 years was a good training, so, it is normal to have a quiet meal time for both of them.

Once finished lunch, Kimmon reluctantly leaving the mansion and headed to office. But not before giving Copter a cellphone, which of course been refused by Copter. Kimmon had to say that he will deduct Copter's wages later on for the phone, only then Copter had accepted it, still feeling reluctant. Firstly, because of the money and the price. Secondly, Copter doesn't know how to use a phone, since he never had one, and Kimmon doesn't have to know that. And finally, Copter still traumatized by the last incident with 'his family'. It still fresh in his memory, and everything just hurts. But before he thinks further, the phone's ringing makes him shocked and panicked. "Nok!!!!" he called the maid, making her running fast, hearing the tone of Copter, he seems in big trouble. Once she arrived beside him, Copter handing the phone to her, asking, "How should I answer the call? It must be P'Kim. Please, don't let him wait."

Instead of taking the phone, Nok showing him the way to swipe up while explains to him. "Hello P'Kim," he said as fast as he could.

Kimmon : "Hello Cop. The phone is good?" Copter was nodding his head as an answer, forgotten he was talking on the phone with Kimmon.

Kimmon: "Cop, are you there?" Kimmon asked, frowning.

Copter: "Yes, P'Kim." Kimmon sigh.

Kimmon: "I was asking you about the phone. Is it good?"

Copter: "Yes, it's good."

Kimmon: "Make sure to answer every call and reply to all my messages from now on, okay."

Copter: "Ok, P'Kim."

Kimmon: "Just rest for today, and don't forget to play with Mike and Star. They were really worried about you. They can feel you."

Copter: "Ok, P'Kim. Sorry and thank you na. Don't work too hard, wait for me, tomorrow I will help you, so you wouldn't be so tired with work okay. "Kimmon was smiling widely hearing Copter's words. It sounded so sweet to him, and this little guy is indeed very sweet.

Kimmon: "How sweet of you. Thank you Copter. See you tonight. Talk to you later."

When the conversation ended, Copter turns his head to Nok, who still waiting for him, standing not too far beside him. "Nok, please teach me how to write and read a message from P'Kim." Nok was smiling at him. "Now, Mr. Copter?" Ask Nok, and Copter nods his head. "If you have free time," he added. "Of course, lunch just ended, and I have already had my lunch, so I have quite some time before preparing dinner."

Copter is naturally a fast learner. After two hours, he indeed learned almost everything about the things he could do with his new phone. He felt very excited, and every information and functions of the smartphone excite him. It's all very new to him, but he wished he could do a lot of other things, aside from the smartphone. Will P'Kim let him do things? Well, he doesn't know yet, but he thought instead of inside the house, there are many things he can do outside, can he? But he is not sure, will P'Kim let him do things because he will follow everything he says. Not because of anything, but he trusted him, and he knows that P'Kim somehow cares about him. He doesn't care even if it is true or not, he will always believe him.

His neck is hurt for looking down the smartphone for more than two hours now. So, he put the phone inside the pocket of his pants and headed to his new best friends, Mike and Star, to apologizes to them and of course to play with them. He was smiling and laughing happily again. He was glad he didn't do any mistake, but for sure tomorrow he will start working, officially. Looking at how adorable Mike and Star were, Copter keeps his intentions to take pictures of them since he wanted the very first picture he will capture is the picture of P'Kim. To him, now he is his special person, the only person who cares about him in this world. He doesn't know for how long, but he will appreciate this moment forever. P'Kim makes him feel alive again. He never thought he will be laughing like this ever again, because to him, of course, he will live that way until he died miserably. Apparently, he is not, and thanks to P'Kim.

End of Chapter 10