Chapter 7: True Form

"This is useless. I can't find him anywhere." Lucy complains. Happy agrees with her. And I do too. It feels pointless. "Maybe we should head back to where Erza is." Lucy suggests.

"You never disobey an order from Erza. Trust me." I shiver. As close as I am with Erza, she can still scare me sometimes. As we're standing around chatting, the building started to shake.

"It's Natsu." I say. Both Happy and I sweat dropped. As reckless as ever. Lucy, Happy, and I run to where we hear Erza's booming voice. When we arrive, we see Erza knocking someone's head on the ground.

"I swear... she seems aggressive now, but I swear she's really nice." I try convincing Lucy. Gray comes over and starts filling us in. From the wind barrier and the real plan. We run outside to get a good view of the wind barrier. It looked like it cut anyone who touches it.
Natsu tries punching the wind and it sends him flying back. Natsu is determined.

"And what about your magic?" Gray whispers.

I shake my head and tell him, "My magic is meant to seal away things, not unseal. When I get to Lullaby... I'll see away its magic." I see Natsu go at the barrier again.

"Natsu stop!" I yell and before he runs again, I wrap my arms around his waist and hold him tight. He looks over his shoulder and just stares at me.

"W-What?" I ask. He escapes my grasp and places his hand on my arms.

"Your sword is really powerful! How about we throw a lot of swords at it?" Natsu suggests.

"Are you stupid? It could break my precious sword. This thing has been with me ever since I joined Fairy Tail." I flick his forehead and shoot down his idea.

"How about Erza requips a shovel and we dig?" I say next. Happy gasps and our attention turns to him. He pulls something from his tiny little green bag on his back.

A Zodiac key. He begins telling us on how Virgo came to him after their mission and asked for her key to be given to Lucy.

Lucy then starts yelling at Happy blah blah blah. "Lucy! We don't have time!" I yell at her. She squeaks and take the key from Happy, summoning the Maiden. She's nothing like how Natsu and Happy described her.

"Can we work out the contract later?" Lucy asks and Virgo agrees. Lucy starts to explain as fast as possible. Virgo then goes underground and we're able to make it out from underneath. The wind was blowing hard. My skirt was flying up.

The guy with the bun coughs, "It's too late. There's no use. We've won." We look around, ignoring his comment and see both Happy and Natsu gone. Those idiots. I know what they're up to. We find the magic mobile from earlier and before Erza can get on it, I stop her.

"I'll drive. You lay back with Lucy, Gray, and Kage-whatever." I assure her. She nods and they all get into the back. I hook myself onto the mobile and start driving as fast as possible to Clover Town.

__

I see Natsu up and I hit hard on the breaks. "Natsu!" I yell.

"You guys made it just in time. I beat Erigor!" He tells us. Gray opens the door and Lucy comes out, helping Erza stand. Gray and Natsu start bickering as I go to Erza's aid. We all congratulate (except Gray).

"I think we should get going to the conference. Let's properly dispose of Lullaby." Erza suggests and we all agree with her. I turn around when I hear an engine turning on. It was too late though.

"Kageyama!" Erza exclaims.

Kageyama laughs like a maniac and his shadow magic, in form of a hand, is holding Lullaby. "Lullaby is mine now!" He yells as he starts driving away. We all stand there stunned.
"After him!" Erza orders and we start running.

__

"There he is!" Gray points to below the hill. Down there stands Kageyama with Lullaby and Master. As we're about to run down, we're stopped by a 'shhhhhh.' We turn around to see Master Bob of the Blue Pegasus guild.

"The good part is about to start," His eyes turn to Natsu and Gray and looks at them flirtatiously, "And you boys are looking yummy!"

"And who is that?!" Lucy asks.

"Master Bob." Erza answers.

"You're telling me that guy is the master of the Blue Pegasus guild?" Lucy comments. Master Bob turns to Erza and I and says, "Aren't you two looking super cute today as well!" We look back down and see Kageyama move the flute to his mouth.

"Oh no!" We all exclaim.

"Would you quiet it down? We're just about to get to the good part." Master Goldmine of Quatro Cerebus appears. As Kageyama is about to play, Master starts a speech. I don't know how it came, but it caused Kageyama to drop the flute.

"Master!" We all run down the hill. Erza grabs Master and slams his head onto her chest. She tells him, "Your speech touched me so deep that I was almost moved to tears!" We're all celebrating victory when a creepy laugh is heard.

"I can no longer hold back—!" A huge purple magic seal appears in the sky, "I'm going to devour you myself!" A distorted voice booms. A monster starts appearing. Lullaby's true form. Three glowing eyes. A wood monster. No. It's a demon. From the Book of Zeref.

"Why did the flute turn to a monster?!" Lucy asks.

"That's what Lullaby's true form is. It's forbidden magic. Living magic. Zeref's specialty." Master Goldmine explains. Master Bob begins to explain who Zeref is.

"And from what I heard... only one person is capable of ever beating Zeref. Maybe not beating him, but putting him down temporarily." He finishes. Gray, Natsu, Erza, and I get in a fighting position.

"Natsu, Gray, get everyone to safety!" Erza instructs.

"Quit barking orders!" Natsu shouts. Gray adds, "Yeah you're not the boss of us!"

Erza glares at them, "Just do it!" And they do as told. I take out my sword and get ready to help Erza.

"Y/N... if you can, seal it away once we're done with it." Erza says quietly.