Chapter 27: Fireball

The next day I was woken up by Lucy's loud scream. "Edolas me ran away!" Lucy announces and shows them the later. Wendy walks over and reads the note out loud. 

"The royal city is a three days' walk from here, to the east. I'm going back to my guild. Bye and good luck." Wendy reads. 

"What happened to her helping us?! Who does that girl think she is?!" Lucy stomps and mumbles some things under her breath. 

"It's no big deal." Natsu defends. 

"She said she never intended on fighting." Wendy adds. 

"It is a big deal!" Lucy yells. 

-

I wore the cloak as we walked around the city. After stopping at a bookstore, Lucy was happy again. "She must be happy because she found a rare book at the bookstore." Wendy tells me. 

"What book did you buy?" I ask her. 

"A history book of this world!" She answers. She smiles from ear to ear, "You guys wanna know more about this world too, don't you?" 

"Not really." Natsu responds. 

"This history book speaks volume!" Lucy says as she lifts it into the air. "For example, there's stuff written about a tribe called the Exceeds." 

"I heard about them too! Apparently they're a very feared race." Wendy shares. 

"Don't care." Natsu sighs. Suddenly the clouds turn dark. We stop walking and look up. An airship. "Hurry! It's going to depart soon!" Some guards say as they run past us. 

"Hide!" I say and push everyone behind a huge pillar.

"Sounds like the giant lacrima's extraction is finally gonna happen the day after tomorrow!" A guard says. 

"So that's why we've been given security duty, huh?" Another says. 

"Miss this flight and you'll miss the event of the century!" Another says. 

"The magic power extraction is in two days? The walk from here to the Royal Kingdom is three days." I point out. 

"Once the magic power extraction begins, there'll be no way to turn everyone back to normal." Carla comments. 

"Wanna steal the ship?" Natsu asks us. 

"Steal?! That airship?!" Wendy exclaims. 

"There's no need to go that far! Sneaking aboard is more than enough!" Carla adds. 

"It's not every day you suggest riding in a vehicle, Natsu." Happy says to Natsu. 

"With Wendy's Troia spell vehicles are no problem-"

I cut him off, "Did you forget Wendy can't use magic?"

Natsu eyes widen and he quickly says, "I withdraw my proposal." 

"I'm all for it!" Lucy says to us. "We won't get there in time otherwise!"

"But how?" Wendy asks her. 

"My magic!" She smiles. "As you know, I'm the most powerful right now!" 

I flick her forehead, "You're too confident." 

She pouts before saying, "I noticed when fighting that Earth's magic is more powerful than Edolas magic." 

"That might be true!"

"So what do you say Y/n? Help me get that airship!" Lucy nudges me. I shake my head and say, "You're the most powerful here right now, remember? You can handle it." I say. She huffs before running out.