Chapter 42: Grimoire Heart

a/n: i couldn't imagine any of them as sclass since all sclass wizards are scary and like impossible to beat. ps: i think loke & gray vs wendy was so adorable.

Shortly after the Natsu situation, I headed to base where I met Erza, Mira, Juvia, and Lisanna. I saw Finn down on the ground to play. "Did you two not make it?" I ask them as I sit at the table they were at. They both shake their heads. "Well who did you lose to?" I ask them. They point at Erza and I laugh. "I'm guessing whoever the duo that was unlucky to get you and Gildarts will be joining us soon." Lisanna says.

I shake my head, "Actually he passed. We get to decide if you should pass or not, you're not necessarily required to defeat us." I look at Erza, "You weren't suppposed to go all out, you know."

Erza shakes her head, "I show no mercy. Becoming S-Class shouldn't be easy." I roll my eyes. 

"So Mira, how did Elfman and Evergreen beat you?" I ask Mira. Mira tells us and Erza exclaims, "What?! Elfman and Evergreen are getting married?!"

Mira continues, "And then they attacked me while I was in a state of shock."

"Hold on! When is the ceremony?! In fact, when did they start such a relationship?!" Erza asks.

"Oh, no, I think it was just a strategy to throw me off guard. I still have a lot of improving to do!" Mira explains.

"Are you sure it was only a strategy?" I ask.

Mira nods, "It's hard to imagine those two being together. After all, if they got married and had a child..." Mira trails off and we all imagine how their baby would look like. It'd be a manly baby. The thought of the baby makes Mira cry.

"Don't cry, Mira. It's kind of cute, depending on how you look at it." Erza tries comforting her.

"Big brother Elf and Evergreen, huh? They might make a good couple!" Lisanna thinks. I see Juvia with her face all red.

"Ch-ch-child...." Juvia stutters.

"Say, where's Freed's team?" Lisanna asks us.

"Gildarts told me they were going back to the guild." I respond.

"Talk about impatient." Lisanna sighs. "They could've stayed and watched the rest of the trial."

"Anyway, where did Mest and Wendy go?" Erza asks me. I shrug.

"Maybe they forgot where we're supposed to meet up?" Lisanna theorizes. "Mest, huh? I never met him in Edolas, so I don't know much about him. He joined during the two years I was gone, right?"

"He joined- uhm... I can't quite remember when he joined." I try answering.

"I think he did join over the two years." Mira says, but is unsure.

"I feel ike he's always been a member..." Erza thinks. Juvia stands up, "Juvia will go look for them. She's a little worried." She announces.

"I'll accompany you, then." Erza says and removes her apron. I scoop up Finn into my arms, "I'll go too. It'll be much easier."

"Mira and Lisanna, you two stay here in case they come back." Erza orders. They nod and we start heading off.

As I'm wondering around the island with Finn, I feel something. The air has changed and the atmosphere was just different. "Do you feel that?" I look down at him walking and ask. He's shaking more than usual. He looks up at me before disappearing back into the Celestial World. I pull out his key and stare at it. "That's weird..." I say quietly. I feel the same thing again. The pressure. I felt weird magic power too.

I put Finn's key away and continue searching for Wendy and Mest. Maybe it's Mest.

-

"How fortunate that we have them both at the same place. Although Zeref seems to be resting. It appears that the time has come, Master Hades." Ultear says to her master.

Master Hades smirks, "This man alighted upon the ancient land, mastered the black arts, and produced thousands upon thousands of demons, thereby plunging the world into chaos. This lady holds the world's strongest magic. Magic of the Stars. The only magic strong the defeat the most wicked man in the history of the magic world... the black wizard Zeref and the Holder of Stars Y/n Fernandes. Together they could open a whole new world of magic. The ultimate light and dark magic."

"It's a shame. The Fernandes family has already been through so much." Ultear smirks.

"At last, the day it's within our grasp has come. The Abyss of Sorcery... Let us begin. Set course for the fairies' island. Not one shall make it out alive except for that Fernandes girl"

-

"Wendy! Mest!" I call out as I keep walking. "Wendy!" I call out again. My walk turns into a run. I can't remember anything about Mest. I have a memory of him being in the trials last year, but I can't remember his partner, how far he made it, or what magic he even uses. When I'm running down a hill, my feet skid to a stop when I see cloaked figure out the bottom. I look behind me and see them there too. "What the-" I look to my sides and see them there too. 

I look at their mask and they have a mark over their it. It's a red one and I had recognized it from some books. Grimoire Heart. I notice something up in the sky and it's the red flare. We're under attack. Are they the magic power I felt earlier? "That's the girl they want!" A guard yells. 

Me? 

All charge at the same time. "Dipole!" Fire droplets and ice droplets fall from the sky and attack the guards. With ease, most of them were out. However, when I took out some, more just came. 

-

Erza and Juvia are with the guys who Gajeel just fought and took down. A chicken and what looked to be a dog. Erza walks over to the dog one. "Now, then. Tell us what you're after." Erza tells him. 

He scoffs and look off the side, "As if I'd tell you." Erza gets ticked and gives him another smackdown. "Zeref... The legendary black wizard Zeref..." He says through the pain and tears. As Juvia and Erza think he's done talking, he continues, "And a Fairy Tail member. She holds the ultimate light magic, Y/n Fernandes." 

dipole - a pattern with one hot side of the sky and one cold side of the sky.