Chapter 17: Heaven's Game

"Who exactly is this Jellal guy?" Lucy asks at the end of Erza's story. I answer for Erza, who's unable to, "Jellal... he was an old friend. Jellal Fernandes is also my older brother."

I continue, "He's my brother. He's my problem to deal with and only mine. Please... all of you leave."

"How many times do we have to repeat this we're not leaving?" Gray tells me. They're stubborn.

"Sisters." A tiny voice chimes in. We turn to the door and there's Sho. "Why are you lying to them? Trying to gain sympathy? Tell them the truth! You, Y/N, used your magic to blow up the boats we were about to leave with. Jellal warned us of wizards like you two. Wizards who haven't learned to use their magic properly. He said you both became drunk with magic power! You wanted nothing to do with us!" Sho spats at both Erza and I.

Both her and I didn't say anything.

Gray steps in, "Have you ever thought about Jellal being the liar?"

Lucy adds, "You know Erza and Y/N. They'd never do something so horrible."

Sho looks conflicted and he starts shaking and crying, "Maybe you don't know her. You weren't there back then. You don't know us. After you two left, Jellal's words were my only salvation and that's why I spent all these years working this tower for him. I did it all for his sake. Now you're trying to tell me it was all a lie?! You expect me to believe that you're telling the trust and Jellal's been lying this whole time—?!" He's cut off when a deeper voice chimes in.

"That's right." Simon said and appears in the room. As Gray's about to fight him, Juvia stops him. She tells Gray, "He does not oppose a threat. At the resort he knew he was attacking your ice decoy. Since it was he who cast the darkness spell it had no effect on him."

"I don't understand..." Sho says.

"I had to trick you and the others into thinking I killed him. I hoped our attack would lure them here." Simon explains.

"So you were lying too? How could you do that to me?" Sho asks. Simon walks over to Sho and places his hand on his shoulder, "Sorry. Jellal had put some sort of spell on you. I played along until the time was right."

"So you knew all along?" Erza asks Simon.

"I've always believed in you, Erza and there's nothing that could change that." Simon tells Erza. I remember back when it obvious to the world that Simon had a crush on her. They shake hands, but Erza soon makes it a hug.

"You too, Y/N. I believe you're the only two capable of bringing Jellal back and destroying this tower." Simon looks at me.

"I never knew. I can't believe I blindly followed him all these years. I doubted the two because you left me all alone! You have no idea how much that hurt!" Sho cries and slams his fist on the ground as he's on his knees. I smile and walk over to him, squatting down beside him. I rub his back, "We're here now. And I promise... you'll be freed."

He continues crying and shouting, "I don't know what to do! I don't know who to believe anymore!"

"It's been years since the whole Tower of Heaven stuff, but believe it or not. I never once forgot about you and the others. There's not one day when I think to myself, 'I hope they're happy.'" I tell him. He looks up and I wrap my arms around him.

He cries into my neck and I hold him tight.

Simon said, "Now we have a powerful group of wizards, all strong enough to take down Jellal. First things first, we must stop Salamander and Wally from crashing."

__

We start running, in search of Natsu and Wally. It was a bunch of stairs. Jellal was at the top, I would assume. We enter the building once again and a voice speaks, "I welcome you to the Tower of Heaven. My name is Jellal and I am the ruler of this tower. I see the players have been arranged. I am delighted you've come all this way to see me. Shall we play around of Heaven's Game?"

I clench my teeth and my fist. I was shaking. I was sweating. I was scared. Jellal continues, "The rules are simple. I wish to use Y/N as a sacrifice in a ceremony to resurrect Lord Zeref. If I succeed, the gates of Heaven will open. Crowning my victory. However, if you can find a way to stop me you'll be the winners of the game. To make things a little more interesting, I've enlisted three knights to battle on my behalf.

The only way to get to me is by defeating them. Other words, 3 on 8 battle royale. One last surprise, the Magic Council has a satellite right over this tower and it's highly likely they will attack. At this very moment, they are debating to on shooting an etherion blast. There's no telling how much time is left. Should the etherion blast strike, no players left to play... game over."

"I don't understand! Why would the council go through such drastic measures?!" Erza questions. Before her and I could do anything, Sho trapped us in one of his cards.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Simon shouts at Sho.

"Now then... let the games begin." Jellal finishes.

"Sho! Let me out!" I yell.

"I won't let him lay a finger on them! I'll beat Jellal all by myself if I have to!" Sho exclaims before running off with Erza and I in his hand. He keeps me in his hand and holds Erza in his coat pocket.

"Calm down, Sho! You need my help to fight him!" Erza tries convincing him as he angrily shouts and makes his way towards Jellal.

"I can't do that! I'm sorry, but it's in the there!" He answers me.

"Don't be stupid!" I yell at him and he continues running. As we're running, I start hearing music. A sweet gentle voice says, "Hello. I am Ikaruga. Who might you be?" Sho puts me in his pocket with Erza and says, "Outta my way! Don't make me hurt you!"

I don't see what's happening, but I hear Sho yelling at someone and someone answering back. Just then, Sho starts falling or something and both Erza and I fly out of his pocket.

"Let me out!" I demand.

"I c-can't..." Sho says.

"I've been wondering where you two have been hiding." The lady says.

"Let me out, Sho! Keep Y/N protected, but she's too strong for you!" Erza yells.

"Don't worry. You're safe. She can't harm you from the outside." Sho tells us.

"Is that so?" She challenges.

"That's no regular sword, Sho! It's magical!" Erza yells at him. Sho was really starting to piss me off. Sho used to be so sweet and now he's like this. Ikaruga attacks Erza and I from the card. I pull the sword out, that one I got earlier, and used it to block her attack. Her attack does manage to cut through the dimensional barrier.

Erza and I both take this opportunity to free ourselves. As we're starring down Ikaruga, I hear a crack. I turn to Erza and see her armor shatter into pieces. Her armor. I rarely see her without it. I know that with it, she feels safe from being hurt again.

"I won't let anyone hurt you, Erza." I say as I get ready to attack Ikaruga. Erza regains her composure and requips to her Heaven's Wheel Armor.

"No, Y/N. I can handle her... You need to save up magic to fight Jellal." Erza tells me.

"I won't allow anyone to reach Jellal." Ikaruga says with a smirk on her face. The tension and magic energy... it was intense. I look at Sho, who shows no intentions of leaving Erza.

"Don't let me down, Erza!" I yell as I run out. She says quietly, but I hear her as I run out, "When have I ever?" I smile down to the ground as I start making my way towards Jellal.