Chapter 22: Battle of Fairy Tail

a/n: this arc will not be that long soz

Lucy knocks on Y/N's room. Lucy on the other side hears a weak, "Come in." Lucy enters and the place is dark. Only thing lighting the place up is the small opening of Y/N's curtains. And some glow in the dark stars on her ceiling.

Lucy flicks on the light and see Y/N on her bed with Finn beside her. Y/N is wrapped up in a blanket and Finn is wrapped up in a smaller one beside her. Lucy knows that if she's sad, that makes her spirit sad. Finn feels Y/N's sadness. Lucy gets why Y/N is sad. Her only blood family left is dead.

~flashback~

"Almost every female member participates in this." Happy tells Lucy. Lucy shudders as she thinks of all the girls like Erza, Mira, and Y/N. They stand more of a chance than she does.

"Usually the winner is Y/N, but I get the feeling she won't participate. I don't think she'll be participating since that whole Jellal thing happened." Happy states.

"Yeah... I haven't seen her in the guild in a while." Lucy points out.

"Aye. Natsu and I went to visit her and she's also feeling a bit sick from sucking up all that magic at the tower." Happy tells Lucy. Lucy looks down at the flyer in her hands. Maybe the Magnolia Harvest will cheer Y/N up. Even if she's happy for just one night, she's still happy.

__

I smile at Lucy and stay tucked in my bed as she shuts the door behind her and walks over to me. She has a flyer in her hands. "Hi." I say. She takes a seat at the corner of my bed.

"Came to check up on you. I also came to show you this." She hands me the paper in her hand. Magnolia Harvest. I forgot that was coming up. "I heard that you love participating in the Miss Fairy Tail Contest."

I hand her the flyer back and say, "Maybe not this year. I'm not up for it. I'll try to come by the guild to watch you and the parade later that night." And with that, we say our goodbyes and she heads out the guild hall. I sigh and lay on my bed.

__

I look at myself one last time in the mirror. Took a lot of makeup to cover my dark circle. I smile at myself in the mirror, but it's so obvious that I'm not happy. I grab my sword and head out Fairy Hills and to the Miss Fairy Tail Contest.

On my way there, I see the whole town is packed. It's hard to walk through the crowd. When I make it to gates of the guild hall, I'm knocked over by a large amount of people running out. 'Well that's gonna scab' I think to myself as I look down at my knee.  I stand up and dust myself off. I look inside the guild and see it empty.

It's not over already, is it? Why did everyone run out? Before I walk in, I hear my stomach rumble. I run to the nearest trash can and throw up. Man, why am I here if I'm still sick? I go back to the guild hall and as I'm about to enter again, I'm knocked over.

"Dang it!" I exclaim as I look at my other knee to see it bleeding like the other. I stand back up and crash into Gray.

"Where is everyone going?!" I ask him.

"The Thunder Legion is back..." He starts and as he's about to explain more, we hear a crash. We turn around and see Master can't move.

"An invisible wall." Master says. Gray and I go over to him and try pulling him, but there actually is an invisible wall. I look past Master and see all the girls turned to stone. I run inside the guild hall and jump onto the stage. Erza. Lucy. They're stone.

Evergreen.

I go back to Master and look up. An enchantment.

Freed.

I read it. Stone statues and anyone over the age of 80 shall not pass.

Master and Gray discuss the enchantment while I zone out. "Y/N." I snap out of my thoughts. I look down at Master and he points at my knees.

"Yeah. I got knocked over." I tell him. I walk over to the infirmary room and start bandaging it up. Afterwards, I held back out and see Reedus leave the guild.

"I'm going to count on you to defeat Laxus-"

I cut him off and tell him, "Hold that thought." And run to the bathroom and throw up again. I go back out and see Natsu crash into the enchantment.

"What?!" Master, Happy, and I exclaim. I go over to them and look up to reread the enchantment. Natsu is neither a stone statue nor is he over 80.... I think?

"Why can't you get through?! You're obviously not a stone statue and don't tell me you're over 80!" Master questions. We look up as we see something being added to the enchantment. Status report. Jet vs Droy vs Alzack. It changes again. The winner is Alzack.

"Y/N! You need to hurry quick!" Master tells me. I bend over as my stomach and head throb in pain.

"In a sec..." I mutter as I try to control the pain. Note to self: Never consume so much magic power. I fix myself and stand back up.

"Alright I'll go." I say. I drop my bag onto the floor and walk over the guild hall in search of Laxus.

__

Shortly after Y/N left, a projection of Laxus appeared in the guild hall. "It's too bad that Natsu and Erza aren't in the game cause you don't have anyone strong enough to beat the Thunder Legion."

"It's not over yet! Don't forget Y/N and Gray are in the game! Gray is just as strong as Natsu and Y/N is just as or even more stronger than Erza!" Happy says.

"He's as strong as me?!" Natsu gets offended.

"Gray, huh? You're gonna put all your hopes on that loser?" Laxus laughs.

"I wouldn't underestimate his power if I were you. And like Happy said, Y/N is the game. She's an S-Class wizards just like you." Master said.

"I would never underestimate her power, but I will right now. Haven't you noticed? She can barely walk straight and she's been sick since the tower." Laxus tells Master.

Master's eyes widen. He sent her out while she's sick like this. Erza told Master that Y/N has been sick and quiet. That Y/N just needs to be alone for now.

Laxus laughs as he reads the updated status report. Bickslow vs Gray. The winner is Bickslow. "And that chump was going to save you?!" Laxus says in between laughs. "Well I guess it is up to Y/N. Who knows how long she'll last though."

__

"I'm sorry." I say as I look down at Laki's unconscious body. I've taken out so many people and it's not like I was drained of magic energy. I'm just so tired and weak.

I continue my walk to the find Laxus.