Chapter 64: Pandemonium | Day Three

"Welcome to day 3 of the Grand Magic Games! That puts us at the halfway point! I personally be on my best behavior with our special from the Magic Council, Lahar!"

"It's been quite a while."

"Thank you for having me here."

I'm glad Jellal isn't here.

"This game is sure to be exciting with a little game we like to call Pandemonium!"

The crowd cheers loudly. "Pandemonium." I repeat to myself quietly.

"Teams, start choosing your representatives!"

"Who's going?" Laxus asks.

I raise my hand, "I'd like to go. It's my first day and all."

Gajeel protests, "Well I think I should go. I gotta redeem myself from yesterday."

"Why are you today, Y/n? I thought you were a reserve member?" Mira asks.

"Jellal said he had some investigating to do. Not only that," I point at the announcer's booth, "The same guy who arrested him is here and well... it'd be best if he just sat this day out."

"Makes sense to me!" Mira says. I look down and see Erza walking down.

"Now I definitely have to go if Erza is going!" I say. I stay looking down and see Millianna?

"Okay, I don't care what you guys say. I'm going!" Before anyone could say anything, I start running down.

"All of the competitors have been chosen!"

I look around. Olga from Sabertooth and... Jura? I think I can secure 2nd or 3rd place. Jura is definitely taking the win on this one. I also see a creepy blue guy from Raven Tail. If I'm correct, Natsu told him he's the one that attacked Wendy.

"From Sabertooth it's Olga! From Lamia Scale, Jura! From Blue Pegasus, Hibiki! From Raven Tail, Obra! From Mermaid Heel Millianna! From Quatro Puppy Novali! From Fairy Tail A, Erza! From Fairy Tail B Y/n Fernandes! Let's all give them a big round of applause folks!"

Was it necessary to say my last name? When we were all together, a huge magic circle as big as the arena appeared in the sky. An enormous and dark looking castle started to emerge from it. I watch in amazement as Hibiki uses his archive magic to investigate the thing. I would never expect such a cute boy like him to be so smart.

The castle was huge. A bridge was in front of us. "Before you is a castle full of monster! This is Pandemonium!" The pumpkin says.

"So cool!" I comment. "Are we going to battle these monsters?" I ask the pumpkin.

"Yes! You are correct, ma'am! 100 terrifying beast are in these castle's walls! But no panic, there's no chance of them escaping the castle and attacking the crowd. They're magic projections we created for this game! They are classified by their degree of difficulty. We have 5 classes. D, C, B, A, and S," I lacrima showed up behind the pumpkin. There was 50 d classes, 30 C, 15 B, 4 A, and 1 S.

"To give you an example, lemme show you how strong a D class is! They're the weakest remember?" The pumpkin points his finger to the sky and a lacrima screen appears. The D class was big. It roared and the crowd screamed. More monsters appear behind it.

"The pandemonium is filled with monsters like these and even stronger ones! One hundred in all, kabo! Monsters grow increasingly more powerful with each successive class. There's no guarantee that even a Saint Wizard can defeat the S-Class, kabo. You will take turns choosing the amount of monster you'll fight. This is called your "right to challenge.""

Right to challenge?

"For example, if you choose to fight 3 monsters, then three will appear inside the temple. You'll then enter the temple alone. If you successfully defeat the three monsters, you'll earn three points. And the next competitor will get to choose out of the remaining 97. And then it'll repeat. The contest will end once all the monsters are gone or everyone runs out of magic power. After the 1st round, judging the situation will become very important. However, as I explained, the monsters come in different ranks. Whether you choose one monster or five, the enemy that appears will be randomly selected."

"In other words, you'll need to strategize to avoid S-Class monsters?" Hibiki asks.

"There's way to plan for that if they're random." Olga says.

"Not true." Hibiki replies. "Using probability theory and my archive magic, I can strategize to some degree." My goodness his intelligence is sexy.

"The number of monsters you defeat determines the number of points you earn, regardless of monsters' rank. Once you enter the temple, you're not allowed to leave until you've successfully completed your challenge."

"What happens if you're KO-ed?" I ask the pumpkin.

"You'll retain all the points you accumulated beforehand, but you'll drop out of the game and lose the points from your current turn." A cup filled with popsicle sticks appears in his hands. "Now to decide the order you'll go in! Please pull a stick!"

We all draw one at the same time. A number appears on it. I was...

a/n: cliffhanger bc i need your help! i'm indecisive okay? so when this chapter gets 3 votes, i will write the next chapter saying what number you got.
the choices:

a) you get number 1 and you challenge all 100 monsters while erza does the magic finder

b) you get number 8 and erza challenges all the monsters while you do the magic finder.

all i need is 3 comments.