Chapter 35: Dragon Sense

"Jellal!" I hear my Edolas self cry. He smiles down at her and says, "I apologize that my search for a large enough Anima vestige to restore everything back to normal took so long. And I would not have made it in time had it not been for you. You have my gratitude" Mystogan tells us.

"You're turned them back to normal?" Happy asks.

"Yes. By passing through anima again, the lacrima will revert to its original form in Earth Land. It's all over." Mystogan explains. We all smile and cheer.

"Y-You're here." Me says quietly as tears stream down her face.

"It's nice to see you again N/n." He tells her. He then look at the muscular black cat, "Lily. You once saved my life. I'm glad I could defend your homeland."

"Yes... thank you, Prince." Lily cries.

"The prince has returned!" Coco cries next. Edolas me flys her legion that she was riding with Coco to Mystogan's. Once they're close enough, she walks onto his and the two embrace. Makes me miss my Jellal even more. The moment is short lived though when Lily is struck by a bright red laser. We all gasp.

"Lily!" Mystogan exclaims. We look over and see more legions. "We're not..." I see Erza Knightwalker on top of one, "...finished yet!" She yells, holding the weapon that struck Lily. The legions roar and come flying at us.

"Pathetic traitor." Erza Knightwalker says. "You're a lousy fallen. A former Exceed. To think you would forget your debt to the king and point your sword at him..."

"Scarlet!" Knightwalker's voice booms. Before Erza could go to her Edolas self, Mystogan stops her. "You would dare point your blade at me, the royal prince of Edolas, Erza Knightwalker?!"

Knightwalker says nothing.

"Prince, you say? I do not consider you a son at all!" The king's voice comes in. We look around and see no one. The king continues, "You have some nerve, running off for seven years and then waltzing right back. I am well aware that you were in Earth Land, sealing all the Animas. You traitor! You are not the only traitor, your sister helped the enemy! You have both signed your own death warrant!"

We still can't figure out where the voice is coming from.

"Your Anima plan has failed. You've no reason to fight anymore." Mystogan says.

"Reason? A reason to fight, you say?" The king says. The ground below starts shaking, a green light is glowing, and the air is shuddering from the magic power.

"This is not a fight! This is retribution! It's a total extermination of all who oppose the king!" King says. A sort of egg shaped has emerged from the ground. The king continues, "If you insist on standing in my way... I will destroy you regardless of who you are! Not a trace of you will remain!"

"Father..." Mystogan and Edolas me say in sync.

"I am not your father. I am the king of Edolas!" The eggs thing glows before it completely shatters. "If I dispose of you here, no one will be left to seal my Animas in Earth Land! I will have many more chances to create another enormous lacrima and fuse it with the Exceeds!"

The egg reveals a large dragon. "There is nothing a king's power cannot do!" The thing roars. "A king's power is absolute!" It causes the whole place to shake.

"Dorma Anim..." Edolas me says.

"Dorma Anim?" I ask.