Chapter 75: Number One | Final Day

Y/n waits in the tunnels nervously as fireworks are heard outside and the crowd is heard cheering super loudly. She's assuming the feeling is nervousness since that's what Natsu told her it was. To top off her outfit, she had on combat boots and her hair was up in a (ponytail/pigtails) with black ribbon. The team looked at Y/n with concern. She can't be like this the whole time. If she gets out then whoever took her down gets 5 points.

"At last! At last, it's here! The final day of the wizards' passionate festival, the Grand Magic Games! Like it or not, only one guild will be victorious today! I'm your emcee, Chapati, and next to me is a former Council member Mr. Yajima, who will provide commentary."

"Good to be here."

"Our special guest is none other than the mascot of the Grand Magic Games, Mato!"

"Kabo!"

"You don't have to judge today, Mato?"

"Not today-kabo! Everyone, do your best-kabo! Now then, the teams are about to take the field-kabo!"

Colorful smoke bombs exploded all over the arena.

"Currently in 6th place! Can they turn it around?! Formerly a hunting dog, now a puppy! Quatro Puppy!"

"Although he's been trounced once, you can't underestimate the power of the drunken hawk, Bacchus."

"Alright! Next up on the field is..."

Glitter was falling from the sky.

"Blue Pegasus, led by the current master of parfum, Ichiya Wanderlei Kotobuki!"

The cheers consisted of mostly girls.

"They're currently in 5th place, but in the end, will they be able to grasp the parfum of victory-kabo?"

"Are you ready?" Gray asks me. "Erza told me to watch out for you."

Y/n nods, "This feeling... Natsu said it was just me being nervous for the games. So I'm fine. I'm just nervous."

A glowing Lamia Scale emblem appears in the sky. -

"Here they are! Lamia Scale is on the field! Right now, they're in 3rd place, but will Ice Wizard Lyon Vastia, who rivals or surpasses Fairy Tail's Gray Fullbuster, lead his team to victory?!"

"And we mustn't forget Cheria Blendy, the God Slayer, or Jura Neekis, one of the Ten Great Wizard Saints-kabo!"

"A team you'd never get tired of."

"And sharing 3rd place with Lamia Scale is..."

For Mermaid Heel's epic entrance, a pillar of water appeared in the middle and then exploded into tiny little droplets.

"...Mermaid Heel!"

"They're large flowers that have bloomed during the tournament, but they're not only glamorous..."

"The team leader, Kagura Mikazuchi, is as calm as ever. There's something scary about her-kabo."

"And currently in second place! Will they remain dethroned?! Will the two Dragon Slayers, the Twin Dragons, Sting Eucliffe and Rogue Cheney, challenge Natsu and Gajeel again?! And if so, what will the results of that rematch be?! Sabertooth takes the field!"

They had no epic entrance. The crowd was loud, but they were quiet and most of them weren't even smiling.

"Huh? It seems their mood has changed somehow."

"Maybe they've jump-started their fighting spirit."

"That's cool-kabo!"

"Are you ready?" Gray asks me. He extends his hand out to help me stand. I accept his help and nod. The feeling slowly started to vanish. I guess Natsu was right.

"And currently in first place! Will this be the day the so-called strongest guild seven years ago comes back in full force?! Fairy Tail is taking the field!"

The cheers actually were so loud that it hurt my years. We walked out with Laxus holding the red Fairy Tail flag. Gray created a beautiful Fairy Tail emblem with his ice and Juvia destroyed it with her magic, making a beautiful ice and water scenery. 

"Huh?!"

"K-Kabo?"

"W-What?! They've changed the members! This is an unexpected development! In place of Titania, we've got Laxus Dreyar! In place of Natsu Dragneel, we've got Juvia Lockser! These two members were instrumental in Day 3 and 4, so why aren't they here?!"

"Maybe something happened."

I look at the guilds standing in front of us. "I'm counting on you brats!" I hear Master yell from the booth.

"All right! The Grand Magic Games have reached their climax at last! I'll announce the current standings. In 6th place, Quatro Puppy with 15 points! In 5th place, Blue Pegasus with 30 points! We've got two teams tied in 3rd place! Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heel, both with 40 points! In 2nd place, Sabertooth, with 44 points! And in 1st place, Fairy Tail, with 45 points!"

"We can do this. We have to count on the others to save Lucy." I tell the team. They nod.

"The final day! A survival game in which everyone participates! Let the Grand Magic Games begin!"

More fireworks explode in the sky.

"And for this final battle, the battlefield is in the entire city of Crocus-kabo!"

"The members of each guild have already dispersed and are standing by."

As the announcer explains the rules to the watchers, Team Fairy Tail and I stand in front of a lion statue and start discussing. "We just have to try out best." Juvia says.

"We have to give it our all and then some." Gray says after her.

"You're the leader here. You're the only one here who can't lose." Laxus tells me. I nod, "I'll be fine. We have no choice but to win. To get Lucy back too."

"Hopefully Natsu and the others will safely rescue her..." Juvia hopes.

"We can't pin our hopes on that." Gajeel says to Juvia.

"Even so, we've got another motive for winning this thing." Gray reminds us.

"We gotta win for the guys in the guild who had it rough while we were gone those seven years." Laxus adds.

"Who will attain the glorious peak of magic?! Let the Grand Magic Games begin!"

A flare explodes in the sky to start the games. "Let's go!" I say.

"Yeah!" The others yell.