Chapter 46: Dead-End of Despair

Natsu had released himself from the boulders by using his fire magic. Once he's out, I grab his scarf. "What happened to it?" I ask him.

"We ran into Zeref and he killed everything around him and then it turned my scarf black." Natsu explains. I look down at the scarf. "So this is Zeref's magic..." I whisper. I set it down the ground and concentrate my magic onto it.

Slowly, it turned back to white. "Woah! You changed it back!" Natsu cheers as he grabs it and wraps it around his neck. "We have to hurry and find them!" Natsu says. We stand up and ran to wherever Natsu saw Zeref. When he make it to the tree, no one was there.

"Damn he's gone!" Natsu curses.

"He was here?" I ask. Natsu nods.

"They must've gotten to him already." Happy says.

Natsu sniffs around, "They were going, but she must've done something to mask the scent cause I can't tell where she is! I'm tired of this, I wanna take a nap."

"We can't take a break. Zeref is out there and I was given my magic to stop him. So, I have to find him and kill him now." I say.

"Well let's just relax, okay? For a second. You were almost just stomped to death, so take it easy, right?" Natsu says in calming voice and we take a seat near the tree.

"From what I know, Grimoire Heart's plan is to capture Zeref and bring him back to the master of the guild for whatever reason." I say.

"Why do the bad guys always wanna take over the world? Sounds like a pain in the neck to me." Natsu comments.

"If I take over the world I'd make sure they'd be yummy fish everywhere!" Happy adds.

"Well how do you fit into all this? Why would they want you?" Natsu asks me.

I shrug. Now, I don't know to be honest. The lady ordered Kain to just bring me back. If she wanted me dead, she could've ordered for him to kill us all.

"Well we gotta find them. We have to get revenge for what they did to gramps. When I get ahold of those scumbags they're gonna wish they never sit foot on Fairy Tail's sacred ground." Natsu growls lowly.

"Well to get here they had to have used a ship or some sort of aircraft." I squat down to Happy's level, "Can you fly around and search for it?"

Happy rubs the back of his neck, "I would, but I'm all out of magic."

"You're all out?! So you're just a talking cat?" I sigh.

"Well we should go back to base to check on gramps and Wendy. Carla and Lily might be able to search." Natsu suggests. I nod and we stand up to walk to base.

"Back there when you ran out of magic, why was that?" Natsu asks me.

"I don't know to be honest... It just... disappeared." I say.

I wouldn't be surprised if Akio was helping Grimoire Heart.

"But you're good now?" Natsu asks. I nod.

-

"Wendy!" Natsu calls out as we seem them up ahead. "You made it back! And it's great to see you're okay!" Wendy says to me. I look at master, he's so badly hurt. With Master and Wendy was also Carla, Lily, and Lucy.

"Is Master okay?" I ask.

"I can't say his condition has improved..." Carla says quietly.

"Although, his wounds may be serious, I don't feel like his life is in danger." Lily adds. Then we hear a whoosh sound. We look and see Mest just appeared.