Chapter 59: Portent | Day One

a/n: anyways i wanna say that i like to make my stories accurate and follow the timeline of fairy tail so it can feel like, you, the reader, are actually in the fairy tail universe. to have the dialogue accurate, i rewatch the show and put pause every time they talk. after 12am, i'm not allowed to use my laptap. so i use my phone to watch and write at the same time, so i'm switching back and forth. if this chapter isn't that accurate with the dialogue, i'm sorry :).

I had come back to the stands after taking Lucy to take a shower. I managed to stop her tears. "Did I miss anything?" I ask Jellal. He shakes his head, "The 2nd match is about to begin."

"It's only day 1 of the games and both matches already have us at the edge of our seats!"

I watch the match. It's between Araña from Mermaid Heel and Ren from Blue Pegasus.

"Both contestants are tough! Just look at that determination!"

"Hm! This should be a great match!"

"Go Ren! Give Blue Pegasus those points!"

The girl, Araña, uses web magic. If I remember correctly from the alliance against Oracion Seis, Ren uses wind magic. The match wasn't that impressive. It was basically Araña throwing webs and Ren dodging if. Ren used one attack and she was out.

"And the winner is Ren of Blue Pegasus! Blue Pegasus managed to score 14 points on day 1 while Mermaid Heel only has 3 points."

"Yay! I knew you could do it Ren!"

The crowd cheered and I sigh, "I wanna see Sabertooth go."

Just then they announce the 3rd battle.

"Quatro Cerbuses Warcry and Sabertooth's Orga!"

One man walks out wearing a dog suit and another with long green hair. The crowd goes crazy over Orga. "All Sabertooth wizards are incredibly popular." I comment when remembering how they cheered when they were announced as #1 from the preliminary rounds and how they cheered for Rufus when it was announced he was participating in Hidden.

"If he's a tough as he looks then this should be over soon." Mira says. I nod.

"Match 3 begins... now!" The gong is hit.

When the gong is hit Warcry starts... well... crying. "What the-?!" I start laughing. He keeps crying and crying. I've never heard of tear magic. I watch as Warcry charges at Orga, but Orga extends his hands out and black lightning shoots from it.

Warcry collapses. "One hit?!" I say.

"Black lightning?" I hear Laxus wonder.

"And the third match of the day is over! Sabertooth scores 10 more points!"

More happens and well, I don't wanna bore you.

"We have one more battle left!"

"Fairy Tail Team B and Lamia Scale since those are the only teams we haven't seen yet."

"Finally!" I smile.

"These two teams used to be equal in skill, so I can't wait to see who comes out on top!"

I look at Lamia's Scale team. Hopefully none of them have to go against Jura. That'd be bad.

"Okay are you guys ready for the last match of the day?! Fairy Tail's Mystogan!"

"You better win, Jellal!" I say.

"Versus... Lamia's Scale's Jura!"

Oh no.