The Meeting

Chapter 1
Today wasn't just a normal day for Maya. For some reason she couldn't stop looking at her wrist that had a tattoo with the name 'Lucas' written on it today. She couldn't stop thinking about that name.

Long story, short she had the name 'Lucas' on her wrist because everyone in this society was born with a tattoo in their wrist that identifies the name of their soulmates. It only said their name no last names. Which made it especially harder for them to find their soulmate.

Maya thought the whole soulmate tattooed wrist thing was stupid. She couldn't even share who's name is in her wrist it was illegal.

But she decided not to give it much care to the whole thing but today made her think 'What if I do meet my soulmate and his name is Lucas?'

Suddenly Maya bumped into someone in the hallways in school.

"I am so sorry!" She said.

"No I'm sorry I didn't mean to bump into you." The stranger said.

Maya looked up and she couldn't stop looking at his beautiful big brown eyes but she suddenly stopped and said "I'm sorry have we met before?"

"Actually no, I just moved here from Texas, I'm Lucas." He smiled.

"What do we have here, a cowboy?" She laughed and ignored the fact that his name was Lucas.

"As much as I want to hear about your cowboy life in Texas I better run I'm already late to class." She faked smiled and walked away.