Savior

Y/n's life is basically controlled by her abusive boyfriend, but one night at a party that she was forced to go to, Colby shows up and helps her out.

This was anonymously suggested by an amazing reader on Wattpad. If you want to suggest something, feel free to message me or comment.

Warnings: some curse words; mentions of abuse

Word Count: 3217

--------------------------------------------------

"Ashton, I don't really feel good. Please don't make me go to this party tonight," I pleaded with my boyfriend of almost two years. He has made me go to party after party after party and I don't want to go and be used as an object by him. I want just one night off. I shouldn't feel this way. I shouldn't want to have a night off from my boyfriend, right? I should want to be around him all the time.

I don't even know when things started to get like this. I used to love being around Ash. He was everything I wanted and everything that I looked forward to spending the rest of my life with. I don't know where it got messed up, where I lost the man I loved. I fell in love with the sweet, caring Ash. The one who was a complete gentleman to every person he met, and when his beautiful green eyes lit up every time he saw me, my heart would melt right then and there. His once genuine, kind smile is now pretend and all for show.

I think it all started when Colby and I became friends. It's Ashton's fault really. He brought me to a party, and I met one of my best friends, Katrina Stuart. At a Halloween party last year, Ashton was invited and obviously, I went with him. This was before he forced me to go to these things with him and we just went for fun. We dressed up as a cowboy and I was his cowgirl, simple and cute. Ashton went off to talk to some of his friends and I wandered around until I found Kat. We hit it off great and then, she introduced to some of her other friends since I didn't really know anyone there. I met Jake, Aaron, Corey, Devyn, Sam, and Colby. I'd be lying if I said Colby wasn't cute because he is. Anyone could see that. But I had and still have eyes for Ash and only him.

Anyway, I met Colby and we got to talking. We had a lot in common and he was super funny. I loved being around him. His energy was just attractive, drawing me in. He was also very relatable and a great listener. We clicked so well. As we talked, he got a little closer and rested his hand on top of mine which was sitting on the countertop. Before I could say anything about it, some random guy came into the kitchen with a flame thrower and blasted it right in front of us. I couldn't help the squeal that escaped my lips when Colby's arms wrapped around my torso, pulling me away from the burning fire that was right before me. My hands went on top of his as they rested on my sides for second before he let me go. I turned around to thank him but caught a glimpse of Ashton and he didn't look happy. I talked to him, assuring him that nothing was happening and that he was saving my stupid ass from a fucking fire that some crazy guy was shooting around. Ashton seemed to understand at the time, but that was when everything changed. He started acting different and changed almost everything that I loved about him.

Colby and I became best friends anyway. Ashton became more and more controlling. It started with suggestions, then manipulations, and now he basically tells me what to do. I need to figure a way out, but I don't know how.

"Y/n, you're coming to the party. Now, go get dressed. We aren't arguing about this." He demanded. I didn't have it in me to put up a fight, so I listened. I walked into our room and started getting ready. I did my hair, makeup, and then put on some clothes, even though it felt like I wasn't wearing much. I put on the tight blue dress that had a cutout on the stomach that Ash got for me a few days ago. I hate wearing shit like this, but I really didn't want to deal with the fight of trying to cover up.