What A Man Gotta Do

Y/n's current song obsession is "What A Man Gotta Do" by the Jonas Brothers, so she plays it all the time. After Colby hears it and listens to the lyrics, he takes into consideration what they are saying and decides to act on it.

Requested by an amazing anon on Tumblr 💙 If you would like to request something, just comment or message me!

Warnings: some curse words

Word Count: 1588

--------------------------------------------------

"Caught my heart about one, two times. Don't need to question the reason I'm yours, I'm yours," I loudly sing the lyrics to my latest obsession as I apply concealer under my eyes. I reach for my beauty blender and blend out the concealer, pressing the sponge to my face along with the beat of the music as I goofily dance around as well. Watching my reflection in the mirror and smiling at my silliness, I am interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I shout over the blaring music before continuing to move my body to the rhythm. Colby opens the bathroom door and leans against the doorframe, a smile spreading on his face as his eyes rest on my swaying figure.

"What is your loud ass getting ready for?" He asks with a chuckle. A mischievous smirk plays upon my lips because I have not told him about my plans for the day which he will be involved in.

"Well Colbs, I am getting ready because we are in quarantine and I am bored. I also don't have any pictures to post on Instagram and you are going to take some pictures of me," I explain to him as he scoffs playfully.

"Oh, am I?" He questions before I return him with a nod. "And what do I get out of it?" I roll my eyes at him as I apply powder to my face.

"Why can't you just do something nice for your favorite roommate?"

"So, you think you're my favorite roommate?"

"I know I am. Wanna know how I know that?" He nods, intrigued with what I am about to say.

"Because you love me so much that you are going to take pictures of me, right?" He rolls his eyes before sighing and nodding.

"And anyway, who films for your ass all the time and who is probably going to help you film on Thursday because you always film last minute? Me. I do. You can't tell me you don't rely on me to help because Jake is always playing video games, Corey is always dancing, and poor Sam, bless his heart, broke his damn back," I say as I brush on some bronzer.

"Okay, I get it. I'll take the pictures. Let me go take a quick shower and then, I'm all yours," Colby informs me as he grabs the doorknob, getting ready to close the door and head to his room before I stop him.

"Wait!" He looks up at me, his big blue eyes searching my own to figure out why I stopped him.

"Dance with me for the rest of this song?" I ask with a huge grin plastered on my face. He returns a big smile as well before nodding and shutting the door behind him. As the rest of "What A Man Gotta Do" by the Jonas Brothers plays, Colby and I put on our best dance moves and if anyone knows us, they know we cannot dance to save our lives. I bust out laughing as Colby thrusts the air in front of him.

"Oh my God, Colby, calm down. I don't need you getting off to the air in my bathroom," I chuckle as he acts all shocked. A few more moves later and the song ends. Colby leaves to take a shower and I finish my makeup.

--------------------------

After a few outfit and hair changes, we were at our last spot and taking the last bit of pictures. I had put on a bright yellow romper to match my same colored vans. The color compliments my skin tone very well in my opinion. I also braided my hair into two french braids and added some simple gold jewelry to complete the look. I sat on the top of the bar of the tiki hut with my legs crossed, hands gripping the bar's edge, and eyes looking to my left.