16

Messiah Brewster
"Where pops and where you going all dressed up? ," questioned Messiah hugging is mom with Kairi in his arms.

"At your Uncle Ken. I'm going to brunch with Sincere. ," replied Patrice.

"Can Kai go witchu? I gotta work and I don't want her around all the equipment. ," said Messiah.

"You don't have to ask me she can go. No Kairi don't open that. ," Patrice took the lid of the cookie jar from Kairi placing it back on.

"Mmnuh. ," frowned Kairi crossing her arms.

"Ma messing with you lil butt? Tell Gigi fall back. ," said Messiah.

"Fall back Gigi. ," repeated Kairi causing him to laugh.

"It ain't funny before I put you out. How's the shop doing anyway? ," asked Patrice putting lipstick on before dropping it in her purse.

"It's doing good ma I'm making money legally. ," nodded Messiah while tickling Kairi belly.

"I'm so glad you and June left that street mess alone. ," stated Patrice.

"I gotta daughter to look out for she needs me more than the streets does. ," replied Messiah kissing his daughter face.

"True that. We gone get up outta here come on Kairi. ," Patrice placed her purse on her shoulder grabbing her keys then with Kairi's hand.

"Where we go? Da-da come? ," asked Kairi.

"We going to see Noonie while your dad goes to work. ," spoke Patrice.

"Noonie! ," clapped Kairi.

"Be safe Messiah. ," said Patrice.

"Will do love y'all. ," Messiah climbed into his car pulling off.
_________

Clinton St. Baking Company
"Hey ma. ," Sincere stood from the table embracing Patrice.

"Hey baby how you been? ," asked Patrice giving the same affection.

"I've been fine. Hey Kairi. ," replied Sincere letting Kairi climb into her lap.

"Hi Noonie! ," smiled Kairi.

"Oop seems like someone missed me. ," Sincere lightly pinched her cheeks giggling.

"She has all she does is ask when we going to see Noonie or if we say your name she gets excited. ," told Patrice.

"Well I missed you too pretty. ," said Sincere.

"Eat eat? ," asked Kairi asks Sincere flagged down a waitress.

"Hello I'm Kim are you ready to order? ," greeted the waitress with a notepad in her hand.

"Yes can I have the stacked waffles topped with fresh berries and powdered sugar. I would also like a side of scrambled eggs and grits; water. Kairi what you want? ," asked Sincere.

"That one. ," Kairi pointed at the cinnamon bun.

"Can I just have a cinnamon bun with a small glass of fruit punch. ," asked Sincere.

"Okay and you Miss? ," turning her attention on Patrice waiting for her order.

"I would like the chocolate chip pancakes with bananas only and syrup, also a side of eggs and a glass of orange juice. ," ordered Patrice closing her menu.

"Alright I'll be right back with your drinks. ," said the waitress taking their menus before walking away.

Sincere Philips
After brunch they headed back to Patrice house only to see the men kicked back watching the game. Messiah stood up to take a sleeping Kairi from Sincere's arms which only caused the babygirl to whine and grip tighter.
"Shh I got her. ," said Sincere bouncing Kairi lightly.