6. Friends, families and foes

Queen's POV

I stood outside the operation theatre surrounded by Jongdae, Xiumin, Yixing and Luhan. Suho and Tao were sitting on the other side, their clothes clearly stained from Sua's blood. Jongdae's clothes were bloodied as well which made no sense to me. So when Xiumin found me staring at Chen's white shirt stained in red, he spoke.

"Witnesses, we took care of them"

I nodded like I understood. If rumor spread, it wouldn't take time for people to attack our businesses. Sehun, Kai and Kris came back from chasing after them, breathless, and I looked at them hoping they had lead.

"We couldn't find out who the men in the car were", Sehun spoke uncertain of my reaction.

A slap.

His head fell to the side, as my hand raised. Sehun though just apologized.

"You had one job. They got away. And now they will attack again", I said through gritted teeth.

Kris who was behind stepped in as he protectively put Sehun behind so he was no longer in the vicinity of their leader who at the moment seemed very furious.

"But we got some evidence. The car is registered and Jongin got the owner's details. Not only that, it entered a pretty popular hotel's campus which we couldn't get through because its enemy grounds. The Red Bullet in Myeongdong owned by one of our biggest enemies..."

My jaw hardened as I looked at Kris.

"Whose name is the car registered in?"

"Park Jimin", which was followed by silence wherein everyone's blood boiled and breathing went ragged.

"Bangtan did this", he completed.

———•••———

I stood outside Sua's operation theater as I watched the doctors operate inside. A few tears rolled down my eyes.

"Idiot", a word left my mouth. "Always trying to show off your courage. This is what happens to over-smart people. You should have let me take the bullet. I have taken dozens of them before, I would have handled it. But no you had to swoop in and be the older sister you are"

"What a dumb bitch", with that more tears rolled down my eyes as I wiped them harshly.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked back to see Xiumin.

"She will be okay, don't worry. You know how skilled Jinyoung is, he will be successful in the operation"

"I hope so too", I replied.

"What should we do now?", he quizzed. "Bangtan really went there. We can't stay quiet. Its blood for blood now"

A fire erupted in my eyes as I tightly clutched my fist. "They really wanted me dead so bad, they stooped this low. We will give them what they want. Tell everyone Queen is dead. And not only that, tell them Suho will now be the leader of EXO"

"What!?", Xiumin was taken aback. "No we cannot do that. It will make them feel even more powerful"

"We can and we will! If they think I am gone, they will be reckless. You know lets spice things up. Spread the word that you all wanted me dead for long. Raise a hand of friendship to Bangtan. Thank them for killing me. If they want to play this game, we will too. And when they least expect it, turn this against them"

"Doesn't make sense Hyelin", he referred to my real name which he did only when things got pretty serious.

"If we say that I am not dead, they will figure out they shot someone who looked like me. It won't take time for them to put two and two together and figure out that I have a hidden family and a twin who looks exactly like me. I don't want them coming at Sua and Daniel and using them against me. So its best to claim I am dead and the Mafia has moved on"