50. Man to man

Third Person POV

WonHo waited at the place he was asked to be. Under the bridge, smoking as he looked around. The area was dark and this part of town was nasty because it was a red light district. A lot of gangs operated here and WonHo felt like he was at home.

He threw the cigarette butt to the ground as he removed another. A set of flashlights caused him to stop and he raised his hands to block the sudden saturation of light.

WonHo straightened himself as he brushed his leather jacket. This was his first time meeting the boss and he wanted to keep a good impression.

Leo and Lawrence, the brothers he hated with a passion stepped out followed by a third man. WonHo squinted his eyes, a little confused at the familiar figure. The shadow of the bridge hid his face but WonHo felt like he had seen him before.

A gasp left his mouth as they neared them. Unable to fathom anything, he stood there mindlessly. The last person he was expecting stood there smiling at him.

"Kris"

"I prefer you'd rather call me Boss", the older replied.

———•••———

"I don't understand anything", WonHo was genuinely confused. "You are the one who is behind all this? But aren't you a member of EXO?"

"So?", Yifan said taking a sip of his whiskey.

"I just never expected you to be the one. To be the Boss"

"Exactly", Kris smiled. "And that is how I know I did a good job"

"Can I ask why you did this?", WonHo bit his lip not sure whether to proceed or not.

Yifan chugged his drink and put the glass on the table of a safe house they were currently in. The place that Leo and Lawrence were using as a hideout. "Its Vendetta, nothing else. Kim Namjoon had my brother killed. All I am doing is restoring the balance. First his family. Then Bangtan and ultimately him"

"Queen", WonHo looked at him. "What if she comes to know?"

"She is smart", Yifan chuckled dryly. "And she knows something is up. I can sense that. Her behavior towards me has also changed. She suspects I am doing something behind her back. But rest of EXO doesn't. I doubt she can turn them against me. And even if she does, by the time she gets to know about the full thing and finds a way to stop it, I may have very well ended Bangtan and left the country"

WonHo nodded, quite impressed. If there was someone who could fool Queen, they'd have to be in another league.

"Were you the one who tried to get her killed?", WonHo quizzed.

Yifan had an amused expression on his face. "I was the one behind everything"

A confusion crept on WonHo's face and Yifan sighed. "You seem smart but act slow. Let me join the dots for you"

"I hired Takahashi in Tokyo and assigned him to kill Sakura. He wasn't lying when he said EXO was behind it because technically they were. I was. And I am EXO. That is how I got Bangtan suspicious against them. From Leo I came to know Takahashi had spilled to Taehyung about Queen's identity. So I had Leo carry out the assassination in front of the pub and blame it on Jimin...."

"But he missed his mark, didn't he? And ended up shooting the twin sister Sua", WonHo clicked his tongue in annoyance as he glared at Leo. "Good for nothing asshole. We are in this whole mess because of him aren't we?"

Leo clenched his jaw and took a step further to get back at WonHo but stopped when Lawrence tugged on his arm.

"Who said he missed his mark?", Yifan raised an eyebrow. "Queen was never the target for us. I instructed him to shoot Sua"