Please read : Note

Before you guys read ahead check out the new cover, I am in love with it❤️❤️

Hello there its me again. Hope all of you are doing well. Please brace yourselves, this will be a long ass note. I'd really appreciate if you guys took the time out to read it.

First of all, a heartfelt thank you to all of you for reading Queen. It makes me so happy to read the comments that you guys leave as well as getting the positive feedback on the story. It motivated me to write faster and complete the story in time ❤️❤️❤️ It took six months since the whole story to start and end. Considering the story size and how infrequent most author updates are on this platform are, I think I did a decent job at completing this 🤣😋

Queen is a story really close to my heart since I put in a lot of time planning, writing and editing this. Believe me or not but I have read through each and every comment on Mafia and Lucifer and based on what people like/ dislike about the female lead, I modelled Hyelin after that.

People loved how badass and savage Jena was and how funny and caring Nana was. So I kind of took their best traits and mixed it along with some unique characteristics to make Hyelin. But at the same time a lot of readers shit real bad on these characters too. Some of the hate comments against them especially Nana made me really sad. When you write characters, sometimes they become too close to us. So reading bad things about them is hurtful. I didn't want people to hate Hyelin so I tried my best to make her as ideal and loveable as I could.

Adding Sua was a second thought to be honest. Originally in the very first draft, I only planned one female character. But then I realised how amazing twists and turns could be added if Hyelin had a twin sister. Plus I saw that this twin theme has not been done a lot in Kpop ffs and especially with the female lead so this could also be something unique to work with.

I made a character board for Hyelin and this is what it was like. I was inspired by a lot of models/ artists etc to make her. But my favourite was Sui He. Just look at the killer gaze she has plus her defined face also makes her seem really dangerous which is what Hyelin was most times.

I don't post character faces at the start since a lot of readers like to imagine either themselves/ some other celebrities they have in mind

I don't post character faces at the start since a lot of readers like to imagine either themselves/ some other celebrities they have in mind. And if I force this model in your mind, it might ruin your experience. Hence I kept it for the last like I did both for Nana and Jena.

Going to be honest but the response on this book has been dynamic. Some chapters I uploaded reached 500-600 reads within twenty four hours of upload and I don't think it has happened ever for any of my books. Its all thanks to you guys 💖💖💖 not to mention the overwhelming amount of comments. Sometimes I'd dreamily look at the chapter stats and wonder how lucky I am to have u guys as readers.

Do I have plans for any upcoming books?

Frankly, no. I have tons of drafts written and then abandoned but nothing concrete enough to be developed into a book. I might work on the following existing drafts and develop into a full story. Comment on which draft you want to see become a full story and I will try to make it into a book. The draft with most comment wins.

Viper ( tentative title): A Jeon Jungkook fanfic. In which JK is a barista by the morning and sniper by the night. He is assigned to kill a rogue hit woman only to find out that his target is actually his best friend of 25 years BokHee who he think works full time in marketing. Catch is that its only a fake job while in reality she goes by the name Viper and is one of the most famous available for hire assassins in Korea and his biggest rival.

Suicide Squad: A JK ff in which JK is part of a team which helps celebrities stage their suicide and leave the country to lead a new life. Only problem is that he falls in love with their next client which is absolutely forbidden in his profession. While he fight his own team and brothers to be with a 'dead woman' ?

The boss from Hell: In which Min Yoongi is the boss to a fresh college graduate and makes her life a living hell. Years pass and the tables turn only for him to find out that he is now going to work under her and that she has all plans to take revenge and become his 'boss from hell'

I should have listened to Dad: In which SeokJin who is a 35 year old man and father to an 18 year old daughter is forced to join hands with Jeon Jungkook, a gang member to help find his daughter that was kidnapped from a party which she sneaked out from the house to attend. The same party SeokJin refused her permission to attend in the first place (not a romance novel)

Development of these stories depends on the time available to me to actually sit and pen the chapters. As a masters student, I barely have time to eat most days let alone write and hence I cannot commit to publishing it.

Even in Queen I realized some obvious plot holes which I hope you can ignore since a couple of parts weren't really well thought on my side.

For eg:

1. How she smoked with her mask on or even kissed Taehyung? These were obviously slip ups and yeah sorry for that 🤣🙈

2. Why couldn't Bangtan recognize Hyelin even when they had a picture? Well since it was taken at a distance, lets assume they couldn't see the eye colors that well. And hazel and honey aren't that different. So maybe the picture didn't do justice to her actual eye color lol.

Other than that I really hope you enjoy the coming extra chapters. I have tried to do something unique this time and include a special chapter where you get a sneak peak at Queen's instagram (if she had one). All these extra chapters will be absolutely hilarious so I hope you like them 🥰💖

Love,
M