33. Scared

A/n: Surprise update! Enjoy!

Taehyung's POV

Sua started ranting about something. Honestly I wasn't even paying attention. All I could see was her lips.

I tried to take my eyes back to her face but involuntary they went back to looking at her lips. I shook my head. Stop thinking what you are Taehyung, I told myself. Don't do it.

Impulse took over me and I couldn't help myself as I bent forward and pressed my lips on her. In that split second it felt like heaven. A flush of warmth spread through me followed by tingles as her nose brushed mine.

But the moment I pulled away, a flash of thoughts clouded my mind.

Don't involve yourself with a woman again. You know what happened when you were 18. You remember that heartbreak. You remember the betrayal. And you also remember putting the bullet in her heart with tears rolling down your eyes.

You remember it all. And you don't want to go through it again.

The image of her eyes which managed to manipulate you into going against your own Mafia. The innocence on her face which made you tell her everything she asked. The happiness on her face which made you spend all the money your brother had saved after four years of hard work. The playfulness which made you careless. Which made you almost sell out your Mafia to an informant of a rival.

To you it was true love. To her you were nothing more than a mission. Which she accomplished. But your world, it shattered.

The way your heart almost stopped as you saw her walk from behind the enemy as one of them. The way she shamelessly pulled the trigger at you and you stood there in disbelief until your brother pulled you away.

The realization that you had only been used. It was never love. It was a game which she started.

And the one which you ended.

How her eyes said nothing when you pointed the gun at her. Blank and emotionless. Devoid of any of the playfulness, love and happiness you had seen before.

"Did you even love me at all? Or was it all a play?"

"No", she replied. "Nothing"

A tear rolled down her own eyes followed by one from yours.

"Sorry", is all you said as you put the gun on her head and pulled that trigger and saw your first love for the last time. Saw SoHee for the last time. Do you want to go through it all again? Knowing that this love could end badly? Are you ready to be hurt? Are you ready to lose someone?

Silence.

I couldn't even react as I picked up the food tray and left the room in a rush. A knot formed in my throat. This was a mistake, I shouldn't have done it. I could see the confusion in her eyes followed by pain. But I didn't stop to even make sure to give her an explanation.

I sighed and closed the door of the room as I headed back to mine, only to run into Jimin.

"Why do you look so out of place?", he asked. "And where are you taking this plate of food?"