12. Set a Trap in a trap

A/N: Are you guys okay with the current chapter size or is it too much? Since Queen has more detailed chapters compared to my other book. Let me know in the reply if you want me to shorten them.

Queen's POV

"She is stable now Hyelin. You don't have to worry too much. Give it a week and she will gain consciousness"

I looked to the side at Jinyoung who was the doctor treating Sua. We were currently standing in front of her room and looking at her through a pane on the door. Daniel insisted he wanted to see Sua and hence both of us came here.

"Really?"

"Why would I lie?", Jinyoung chuckled and his eyes turned into crescents. "Yes Hyelin, she will be awake"

I smiled as I heard this. Jinyoung the only person apart from EXO and Sua who knew my real identity as Queen. Maybe because in the past 10 years he had treated me more than I could count. From fatal injuries to gastric problems and hormonal acne, he kind of took care of everything.

"Noona", Daniel returned from the restroom and both of us turned our attention to him.

"So he's your brother", Jinyoung spoke. "You guys look similar", with that he extended a smile to Daniel who got a little shy. "Anyway Hyelin, I will have to take leave. I'll check up on Sua again after some time. Also, why don't you tell Daniel the news?", with that he pat my back and left.

"What news?", Daniel quizzed.

"Jinyoung said that Sua is stable now. She will gain consciousness soon and within a few days even get better"

An expression of disbelief formed on Daniel's face before he gave a big smile. He looked at her and I looked at him. A spark formed in his eyes full of love and admiration for our sister.

"I cannot.. I cannot wait for Sua to wake up. And once she gets all well, we will live together. It will be so much fun.... right?", his excitement vanished as he realized I wasn't responding and the look on my face wasn't exactly one of joy.

"Daniel, I....I mean we need to talk about something"

———•••———

We sat on a bench in the hospital garden. The same place we had sat on a week ago when we barely knew each other.

"Daniel, tonight I will be leaving the house. Your and Sua's house"

"Why?", he was stunned.

"I have to do something important. I need to stop the people who tried to kill me— that is mistook Sua as me and shot her"

"What", all colour drained from his face. "No you cannot go behind them...... they are dangerous. What if they do something to you? No, No I am not letting you go"

"Daniel. Daniel", I put a protective hand on the boy's shoulder. "Calm down. Nothing will happen to me. Remember when we first met and I told you that I am not exactly a good person?"

He nodded, tears rolling down his eyes.

"Yes I wasn't being dramatic like they are in movies. I really am not a good person. Probably even worse than the people that tried to kill Sua"

"Does that mean you kill people", his eyes widened.

"There is no way to sugar coat this but if it makes you feel better, only the bad ones. Never the good or innocent ones"

He looked down to his feet as he tried to make sense of what I was saying.

"What are you going to do then?", he suddenly looked up.