1; the stories they tell

Sana raised her shot glass again, her drunk self uttering inaudible words.

The bartender sighed and wiped the counter.

"Miss, you've probably reached your limit. Who's taking you home, I'll call them right away?" He tapped her shoulder as she drunkenly laughed.

"My mum, taking...me...hurmmm. Ahaha." She looked as if she was half asleep, but the way she talked insisted that she was very much awake and drunk.

"Miss Minatozaki Sana, you're going to get yourself into another scandal if you don't fix up now."

"I've been in... loads of... scandals haha, it doesn't affect me... no more." She laughed as her world once filled with clear vision and perfect colour turned into streaks with flashing lights and rainbow skies. "Hit me another one, old man!" She yelled through the raging bar.

The bartender sighed and took her phone.

"Let's hope I don't get sued for this."

He went through her recently called, looking for someone who seemed familiar to him.

Im Nayeon. Her manager. Perfect.

He dialled the number, but it went straight to voicemail. He tried several times again, but to no avail.

He groaned and placed the phone back in the bag. Looking around, he saw nothing but people living foolishly to their hearts content. Sighing, he poured a glass for himself and swallowed the alcohol, breathing in deeply and thinking to himself.

"Hello, sir. Can you pour one for me please?" A girl with long black hair approached the counter.

The bartender looked up and saw the face of Taiwan's visual goddess, Zhou Tzuyu.

"Tzuyu? What are you doing at a wretched club like this?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "You're too young to be going to a place like this, stay home and in your own lane!"

"Uncle, uncle. Calm down. I just want one shot, nothing special." Tzuyu sat down beside Sana, who was barely recognisable. "What happened to this one?" She motioned towards the drunk blonde.

Her uncle shoved a shot glass her way and leaned towards his niece.

"Got into another scandal, yet again. It's predictable at this point. Poor girl, she's probably not even involved in at least 80% of those scandals." He shrugged his shoulders and put the glass of alcohol back on the shelf.

"Wait, who is she?" Tzuyu wondered, staring at the girl.

"She's Minatozaki Sana, supposedly the best actress in all of Japan. Acted in several Oscar winning movies." He took at a peek at Sana's face and then turned back to Tzuyu.

"Oh, that's her. What scandal did she get into this time?" Tzuyu laughed, knowing how bad Sana's reputation was.

Her uncle grabbed a cloth that hung from his belt as he polished the glasses.

"Market news released an article that Sana has a new love interest; not just in the movies, but someone in real life."

"Wait, not even Koreaboo or Dispatch?"

"Nope. But people believe what they want to believe." The bartender placed the glass down. "Want me to take you home? Your mum must be worried that you're not answering her calls."

Tzuyu rolled her eyes.

"Mum knows I'm old enough to go out and drink. I get enough money. Being a model has its perks."

"You're right." Her uncle began. "But it also has its disadvantages. That's why you don't get involved with the celebrity world. Stay in your lane, and don't get swept up in drama. Hanging out with celebrities like Sana will not only ruin your reputation, but your family's too."

"You're saying I shouldn't be friends with Sana?"

"I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying, make the right decisions so that your record is clean. Sana here did nothing wrong, but because of her scandals, her reputation has been tainted heavily."

Tzuyu looked at the girl who was now sleeping. She smiled a little to herself.

"Uncle, I'll take this one home. If I don't, someone else might, and that's quite dangerous."

Her uncle frowned as he took off his apron.

"Be careful, I don't want you to be involved in her dating scandal."

"Yes, uncle."

*********

Tzuyu looked out the window of the sleek black car she was in. She watched as the lights flew past, and the cars disappeared as soon as they had appeared.

"Ma'am, do you know where we're going?" The chauffeur asked the daydreaming girl.

Tzuyu turned to Byung-Chul, the driver, and put a puzzled look on her face.

"I mean... I thought she was famous, and everyone would know her address." Tzuyu mumbled.

Byung-Chul laughed and shook his head.

"Missus, I'm not a stalker. I don't think I'd memorise famous celebrities' addresses."

Tzuyu winced and pursed her lips.

"I guess I wouldn't either. So where have we been driving for the past 2 hours?"

"To be honest, I didn't know where you wanted to go, so I've just been driving around Seoul." He scratched the nape of his neck. "Maybe I should just drop you off at your apartment."

Tzuyu looked at Sana, who was now beginning to sober up after she had given the drunk some hangover pills.

"Her manager isn't answering her phone, and we don't know where the heck she lives. Fine, let's go to Gangnam." Tzuyu sighed a sigh of defeat and went back to staring out the window. "Let's hope that this doesn't get me into a scandal. I'd hate to go against what my dad says."

"Your dad is a wise man. Don't stray from the lane you're on and-"

"I know, Byung-Chul. I know.

"Don't get involved in any scandals."