14; tired

Tzuyu flopped onto the sofa, as she rested her arm on her head. Not only was she tired, but she was also confused.

Why was she being so nice to Sana?

This was so different to her usually cold self.

Tzuyu shook it off and closed her eyes, trying to think of dogs jumping over rainbows. She breathed in and breathed out.

One breath at a time.

"But Sana..." she muttered to herself.

She opened her eyes all of a sudden and felt her face heating up. Why was Sana appearing in her mind now? What was going on?

Bzzz. Bzzz.

Her phone rang, and she picked it up hastily.

Manager Yoo. Of course.

"Yes?" Tzuyu asked, holding her chest.

"Ah, glad you're awake Tzuyu. I need to remind you to sleep well tonight because tomorrow is the first script-reading for the drama."

"Oh... right. I forgot about that." She nervously laughed as she rubbed the nape of her neck. "I'll make sure to sleep well tonight. You sleep well too, Sana."

"Sana?"

"AH! I MEANT MANAGER! SORRY SORRY!" Tzuyu hastily replied, embarassed.

"She's going through your mind now, isn't it?" Jeongyeon chuckled. "Be careful with actually falling in love. She might not feel the same way."

"I don't like her!" Tzuyu protested. "It's just that I've been with her all day, so I got so used to saying her name."

Jeongyeon hummed. "I'll take your word for it."

"Thank you."

"Sleep well, Tzuyu."

"You too." Tzuyu smiled as she ended the call.

Tzuyu sighed again, feeling how hot her cheeks were. They were boiling, fuming hot.

She shook her head and looked at her hands.

Sana's hands were soft...

They were so nice to hold and-

Why was she thinking about Sana, again? Tzuyu slapped her cheeks repeatedly to get out of the mindset.

"She hasn't even done anything useful, or cute. How can I be thinking about her?" Tzuyu mumbled. She stood up and ran to the bathroom, quickly throwing water onto her heated face.

Knock knock.

Tzuyu stood up straight, wondering who would be knocking on her door at this time of the day.

"Hello?" Tzuyu called out, shoving her ears onto the door. "Who is this?"

The other person coughed.

"It's... uhm. It's Chaeyoung."

"Come in, shortie." Tzuyu laughed as she opened the door. Chaeyoung nodded her head and smiled as she walked in.

"How did you know where I lived?" Tzuyu asked as she closed the door, walking over to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung shrugged her shoulders.

"Not like you texted it to me the other day or anything."

Tzuyu awkwardly laughed as she rubbed her hands.

"Ah. Right."

"Anyways, I heard about you and Sana. Since when?"

Tzuyu thought how to explain it to Chaeyoung, and rubbed her chin.

"Well, you remember when Sana came to the cafe?"

Chaeyoung nodded.

"Well, we went there to... to discuss."

"Discuss what?"

"Can you keep a secret?"

Chaeyoung raised her eyebrow as she leaned forward. "Go on."

"Me and Sana aren't actually dating." Tzuyu sighed. "It's a 'popularity' thing."

Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows. "Really? Can't believe you agreed!"

"I can't believe that I agreed either. It's just... we first met at a bar. She was drunk."

"Woah! It's like her movie-" she jumped surprisingly.

"I know. Anyways, I took her home and some paparazzi took photos of us. A scandal began the next day. We decided to use it for our own good-"

"Why are you talking in full stops?" She interrupted.

"No questions." Tzuyu answered. "And then now, I don't even know if I can say this, but we're going to be acting in an LGBT drama now."

She opened her mouth agape, shocked. "You do know that the netizens won't hesitate to throw hate to you?"

Tzuyu nodded, sighing slowly. "Yes, I know. But, as they say, for the views."

She facepalmed and chuckled quietly.

"Are you sure you aren't going to be falling in love with her? I mean, you'll be hanging out together so much and all."

"I'm sure I won't fall in love with her. She's not my type. She's too bubblegum pop for me."

"Alright. Whatever you say."

The taller smirked. "So how are you and Mina? Making moves yet?"

Chaeyoung's face heated up quickly, and her cheeks were red.

"N-no." She stammered. "Anyways, she doesn't like me back."

"How would you know that?"

"Because she's probably still hungover Dahyun. Sometimes she gets lost in her thought and I hear her name. It kind of pushes me down." Chaeyoung admitted. "We would never be able to be together anyways, she's too posh and high class."

"So why is she working in a cafe then? Why is she working at the peak times with you?" Tzuyu interrogated, smirking. "If she's rich enough, she could be working at the lowest times. But out of all the times, she chooses to work with you.

"How many shifts do you have a week?" Tzuyu asked.

"Five." Chaeyoung replied.

"And how many of those are with Mina?"

"Well," Chaeyoung paused. "Five. She always works with me."

"You see what I mean?"

"Maybe it's just a coincidence." Chaeyoung quietly muttered.

"Well, coincidence or not, I'm sure she's in love with you either way. You're such a loveable person."

"You're in love with me?!"

"No, no. I've only been in love once, and that was a mistake. But I love you in a friendly way."

"What if she only loves me in a friendly way?"

"Stop pushing yourself down," Tzuyu smiled. "I'm basically cupid, queen of the arrows, and I'm sure Mina loves you as much as you love her."

Chaeyoung smiled. "Thanks. You made me feel so special."

"That's what friends are for."