28; i woke up

ZHOU TZUYU HOSPITAL LOG

[October 19th 20xx]
Admitted into the hospital. Severe brain damage, may have to be taken into the intensive care unit.

[October 21st 20xx]
Now in a coma due to severe brain and lung damage.

[October 30 20xx]
Heart rate went up fast. Unsteady breathing.

[November 15 20xx]
Not showing good signs.
Heart rate is slowing down, almost flatlining.
Needed to be revived several times.
Almost dead.

[December 9th 20xx]
Showing good signs.
Heart rate is average, breathing is good.
Showing signs of waking up soon.

[December 13th 20xx]
She's woken up!
A little weak, but is now able to open her eyes.
She is not speaking, however.
Has she become mute?

[December 15th 20xx]
She's not mute, but she is showing signs of depression.
Did something happen?
She doesn't want to eat the food given to her.

[December 18th 20xx]
Her girlfriend (?) has been coming in recently. Even she can't get Miss Zhou to talk.

[December 21st 20xx]
Miss Zhou is now becoming a little healthier. We may be able to discharge her soon.
She will have to go to a psychiatrist and therapist regularly, however.

[December 24th 20xx]
Patient discharged.

*****

Tzuyu sat at home, her body still weak from the almost two months of being in a coma.

Her body was shaking as she relieved memories and things she had heard.

Being in a coma was horrible, and she now had to receive therapy for the damage it had done to her brain and her deteriorating mental health.

She hadn't talked to anybody.

'Twas the night before Christmas, and no one made a sound.

The house was silent as Tzuyu sat on the sofa, unable to utter a single word.

She had just been in a coma for a month and three weeks and she felt as if her whole life had crashed down. She didn't want to eat, speak or even meet anymore.

Nari had been coming to visit her in the hospital, but Tzuyu only ignored her face.

Tzuyu could only remember one thing about waking up in the hospital.

The letter that was on her bedside table.

Tzuyu looked on the sofa and the spot next to her, her heart wrenching at the sight of the paper.

She didn't want to open it again.

It hurt too much.

Because Sana was gone, and she was probably never coming back.

Tzuyu cried to herself as she sat alone in her house, her heart in pain as she thought about everything that had happened to her.

Tzuyu fell to the ground, crying as she poured her heart out.

"Tzuyu!" Nari called out as she ran into the apartment. She picked up Tzuyu as Tzuyu buried her head into her shoulder. "Stop crying, stress isn't good for you."

"I. Don't. Care." Tzuyu struggled to get the words out, as if she was struggling to get air.

Nari lifted Tzuyu up, trying her best to keep her limp body moving.

"Please, Tzuyu. I know you're hurt right now but-"

"OF COURSE I'M HURT RIGHT NOW, NARI! I GOT INTO AN ACCIDENT AND AS SOON AS I WAKE UP I SEE THAT SHE'S GONE?! NARI YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND MY PAIN!" Tzuyu screamed, her voice breaking. She was breathless, unable to speak.

Nari bit her tongue as she tried not to tell Tzuyu everything.

She couldn't tell Tzuyu anything, not at the moment. Sana wouldn't have wanted this.

*****

Tzuyu had calmed down as was now asleep on the sofa, and Nari walked into the bathroom to make a call.

"Oh, hey Nari. Why'd you call? It's not Christmas yet you know." Sana laughed through the phone. "Santa hasn't come yet, you gotta go to sleep first."

"Shut up."

"Okay." Sana timidly complied.

"This is serious, Sana. It's about Tzuyu. She's going crazy. I think she must have had some trauma from being inside the coma. I did some research and she'll probably need therapy for the rest of her life. This could even affect her career."

Sana kept silent as she bit her nails.

"Look, Sana. I don't know if you've noticed but Tzuyu needs you. She doesn't need me." Nari sighed. "Can't you come back?"

Sana didn't speak, her thoughts whirling around her head.

"Sana?"

"Nari, I don't think I can come back. I've just settled back in my house and I like it just the way it is. In fact, I think I might live here forever now. All my family and old friends are here. I feel more at home." Sana gritted her teeth. "So please, just make her happy. See you."

"Sana, wait-"

"What?"

"You're not joking right? You... you do still want to come back here? Please?" Nari began to beg. "I can't let Tzuyu fall in love with me. I can't comfort her. She needs you-"

"Keep her safe." Sana interrupted and then ended the call.

Nari looked at her phone in shock and pulled her hair in frustration. She screamed in anger as she threw her phone to the ground.

She couldn't take care of Tzuyu.

Tzuyu wasn't hers anymore.

But what was Sana doing, just throwing Tzuyu onto the ground like a rose, trampling her feet all over her frail body?

Nari walked out to go back to Tzuyu, who now seemed a little pale.

"Tzuyu?" Nari began to panic, scared.

Tzuyu began to experience cold sweats as she shivered, suddenly having flashes.

She began to get in and out of consciousness, and she couldn't hear a word of what Nari was screaming. Her hearing went in and out.

Immediately, Nari called 119.

"S-sana." Tzuyu stammered as she began to shake. "S-s"

Nari gulped. "Tzuyu, please don't stress yourself out."

"B-but-"

"Sana will be here. Don't know when, but I hope she'll come back. I know she'll come back one day."

"S-sure?" Tzuyu shivered.

"Sure." Nari felt her heart drop as she knew Sana wouldn't come back.

And if Sana did come back, what would happen?