12; drunk and alive

Sana opened her eyes, her head stinging from the pain. She found herself laying on the ground, a bottle of wine in one hand, and Tzuyu's slipper in the other.

She sat up suddenly and rubbed her eyes, looking around at the mess in her house.

Tzuyu lay beside her, her eyes shut and her arms stretched wide.

"Tzuyu?" Sana shook Tzuyu to wake her up. Tzuyu woke up with a loud groan and turned over. "Tzuyu, wake up. Today's the day."

"What day?" Tzuyu grumbled.

"The article. It's being released today." Sana nervously said as she looked at her phone. "Has Jeongyeon called you yet?"

"Oops. I have like 10 missed calls from her. I'm gonna die."

"Can't wait." Sana grinned.

Tzuyu threw a pillow to Sana, who got knocked over and hit the ground.

"You deserved it." Tzuyu muttered as she stood up.

Sana smiled to herself as she threw the stray pillow onto the sofa. She stood up and walked over to Tzuyu.

"Hello, my girlfriend." She whispered in Tzuyu's ear.

"Your morning breath stinks." Tzuyu made a stank face as she turned to look at the red Sana.

Sana scowled and walked over to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

*********

"No, Jeongyeon. I'm at Sana's house. Why?" Tzuyu asked her manager on the phone as she waited for Sana to finish washing up.

"The article has been released. You two are trending on Naver and Twitter searches. Please be careful when you walk out, there's going to be a lot of paparazzi." Jeongyeon muttered. "Also, be sure to tell Sana to check the article. If there are any false rumours or reports, we can sue them."

Tzuyu chuckled. "Of course. Thank you, Manager. I'll be going to change so that I can go to Sana's movie premiere soon."

"Alright. Be careful." Jeongyeon warned as she hung up the phone.

Tzuyu put her phone down and stared at Sana's family portrait on the wall. She looked closely at Sana, and saw a large red scar on her collarbone. She walked up to the picture and closely looked at it.

"Where... where is that from?" Tzuyu wondered as she crept closer to the portrait. "And when was this picture taken?"

Tzuyu mumbled a few words under her breath as she tried to remember something, but nothing came to her mind.

"Ah well. It'll come to me later."

Tzuyu heard a door open and shut close, as a freshly washed Sana walked out.

"I've finished washing up. Your turn."

Tzuyu nodded as she grabbed her towel and made her way to the bathroom.

*********

"Sana, where's your body soap?" Sana heard as Tzuyu called out from the bathroom. "I forgot to bring my toilet thingies."

"They're by the sink, dummy." Sana rolled her eyes.

"Ah, okay!"

Sana suddenly heard the clatter of bottles and soap packets fall to the ground.

"Oops."

Sana sighed and stood up, walking to the toilet. Without thinking twice, she opened the door.

There Tzuyu stood.

Butt naked.

Sana froze. She covered her eyes but didn't know where to go.

Tzuyu covered up her body parts but wasn't sure where to cover.

The apartment was filled with the screeches of the two girls.

Sana covered her eyes and stopped screaming for a quick second.

"Cover yourself up! Oh my days!" Sana's voice trilled in a high pitch tone.

"You're the one who just walked in, you should have knocked first!" Tzuyu screamed as she grabbed a towel to wrap around herself. "Geez, what an airheaded person."

Sana frowned as she blindly picked up the bottles on the ground.

"That's my foot, pervert." Tzuyu said as Sana grabbed her foot, thinking it was a shampoo bottle.

Sana scowled and stood up, babying the stray bottles that she had picked up. Sana made her way to the sink and threw in the products, then ran out and shut the door behind her.

Sana panted, her heart racing as her face turned crimson red. She rubbed her eyes vigorously as she tried to forget what had happened.

Maybe it wasn't real.

Could be a hologram, you know?

bzzz. bzzz.

Sana heard a phone vibrate on the sofa, so she walked over and saw that it was Tzuyu's phone.

"Hello?" Sana asked.

"Hey, Tzuyu, we need you here right now. Your dad got into a car accident and you weren't at home so I decided to call you. Are you alright? I know it's quite shocking to hear." A lady spoke from the other side of the phone. "Tzuyu? Answer me. Tzuyu?"

The lady seemed to be in great distress. She was panting heavily and she seemed to be crying.

However, Sana turned off the phone call and dropped the phone onto the sofa. She sat down in silence, wondering what to do.

Her heart was racing and her palms were becoming sweaty.

Tzuyu's... dad?

In a car accident?

Sure, she didn't know the damn guy but it was Tzuyu's father.

Should she tell Tzuyu or...?

*********

Sana stood on the red carpet with Tzuyu, their arms intertwined as they walked down. The paparazzi were getting the pictures they could take, giving Tzuyu the publicity she needed.

Tzuyu looked over at Sana, who was trying her best to smile.

Sana looked quite pale, and her arms were shaking.

Tzuyu took Sana's hand, and felt the sweatiness of her palm in hers.

"Sana, are you alright? You seem quite pale." Tzuyu whispered in Sana's ear.

"I'm fine." Sana shakily answered.

There was a short silence as the cameras clicked, blinding the two girls.

"I'm so sorry, Tzuyu."

"For what?"

Sana quickly shook her head.

"Nothing.

"It's nothing."