19; bae nari (ii)

"Elkie!" Tzuyu laughed through the phone. "You haven't called me in ages, what's up?"

"Nothing much. I just heard about you and Sana. Since when?"

"Oh. Just two months or so, you know." Tzuyu nervously laughed.

"And the news came out yesterday? That's quite impressive, considering Sana's reputation." Elkie chuckled. "Anyways, I heard about the new drama you're filming."

"Oh, you have?" Tzuyu asked. "I bet you're not going to watch it though."

"I may hate romance movies, but this is your acting debut. I'll be rooting for you all the way, no matter how cliché it may be."

"Thanks." Tzuyu smiled. "But I have a feeling all this is not the reason why you called. You never call. You usually text."

"And you're right. Although, it's somewhat related to what I just said."

"Sana?"

"Not Sana, Tzuyu. Dating." Elkie paused. "Does Nari know about this?"

Tzuyu gulped as she froze.

"Hello?" Elkie asked, but with no response. "I'll take that as a no."

"Elkie, I don't know what to do. Nari still likes me, and I know she's going to stir trouble if she finds out about me and Sana."

"Nari is a tricky one." Elkie muttered. "She's not going to give up on you."

"It was mistake to go out with her. And now this mistake is going to be the cause of all my problems in the near future."  Tzuyu groaned.

"Believe me, I know. You'd better find a way to hide this from both Sana and Nari, or you'll be landing yourself in some hot water."

"Hot water? That's a bit harsh."

"You're right, it needs to be more harsh. You'll be landing yourself in boiling water, chicken."

Tzuyu sighed once more, and then came back to the phone.

"I need some time to think. I'll talk to you whenever I can."

"Alright, good luck."

The call cut, and it was Tzuyu immersed in the silence of her own house.

She held her head in her hands as she wondered about what she was going to do. If Nari found out, she could ruin Tzuyu AND Sana's career. Nari was a sneaky one, and had many different sources and journalist friends.

She could start another rumour if she wanted to.

She had done it to someone else before, and it ruined their life.

Tzuyu lay down, her arm outstretched as she remembered the past. The painful part where Nari had pushed away Tzuyu as soon as she had reeled her in.

Tzuyu was a pawn in her game of chess.

It was a way to grow Nari's career and budding business. It was a way to trick Tzuyu's family into thinking that she actually cared.

"What an airhead. Her family's rich, she's rich, and I'll be rich." Tzuyu heard her say on the phone. "I'll make my way up in the industry, one person at a time. Tzuyu's actually the fourth person in line." She evilly chuckled as she looked at her newly painted nails.

"No. Who cares if I break her heart? She'll never make it big in the industry. Her looks are bland and boring, and she has no other talent."

Tzuyu felt her eyes tearing up as she listened from the door, hiding herself so that she wouldn't be seen.

Someone who she thought she knew so well, only used her.

Tzuyu gulped as her memory faded, and as her vision was now of the ceiling above her.

She stared at its intricate patterns, the waves and the spirals as they stretched over the course of the ceiling and-

Bzzz.

Her phone had received a notification.

Sana
Let's go out tomorrow. Nayeon wants to introduce me to someone. Please join.

Tzuyu smiled at the small text and nodded her head as she typed in a reply.

Me
Can't wait. I'll be sure to be there ;)

Sana
Great.

Tzuyu threw the phone to the side.

Maybe this will get my mind off of her.